Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheryleb_gw

Dining Room Color Help

cheryleb
10 years ago

Hi all. I posted a very long winded message and while trying to figure out how to post multiple pics in one post, lost it. Here goes with try number 2.

I moved into a new home a few weeks ago and think the DR is going to be my first project. The room is just under 13 x 10 with a bow window facing east and an arched opening to the front entry hall.

I plan to put floor length panels in a silvery grey with vertical seams between the windows and on the ends hung on a 1" pewter rod that follows the angles of the window. I bought 2" white faux wood blinds that will be inside mounted. I also bought an antique crystal chandelier and a very large mirror with beveled frame.

I had initially planned to paint the walls with CIL Wexford Fog (green grey) with a soft metallic stencil in a circle or geometric pattern. The mirror would hang on the long wall and would reflect the chandelier back into the room and hall. I brought home fabric samples and am now considering using Rose Stone or BM elephant grey - both mauve pink that are greyed down.

The floors are a laminate with wide planks in a hand scraped finish that also has a grey undertone.

I am attaching pics of the chandelier, mirror and room with one of the fabric for the chairs draped on a chair with the window panel over the back. I put the paint chips on the seat. The pics are in front of the window in late afternoon light.

As a bit more info, I am considering using the Wexford Fog in the MBR and the Rose Stone in the ensuite and have deep blue/teal fabric in the great room and dinette area. I lean towards cool colors in general.

I wasn't able to figure out how to add more than one pic so have added a link to a public album. I know it is a pain to go looking but would really appreciate the advice.

Thank you very much for all opinions and suggestions on the color and anything else for the DR.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google picture Album

Comments (4)