Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy sheets for a thin mattress?

Posted by aggierose (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 19:33

I need more sheets for my girls bed but everything I'm finding is for thick, pillow top mattresses. My girls are only 3 so we just bought them a regular, thin mattress, not a pillow top. Do they still sell sheets to fit these mattresses? I don't want to have to tuck lots of material in all around the bed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy sheets for a thin mattress?

Unless you want to sew elastic....I think tucking is your only option.

o

Unless you want to sew elastic....I think tucking is your only option.

o

UGH!! I think I would have splurged on a pillow top if I had know I couldn't buy sheets that fit! The big ones come off all the time!

o

You can get stretchy things that go under the mattress and clamp on to the sheets to hold them on at places like BB&B. I've used them in my camper. :)

You could also get an inexpensive but thick memory foam topper and pretend you have a pillowtop.

o

The stretchy things look like garter belts - if you're old enough to know what those are! LOL

Do they still make sheets for sofa beds? Those were always much thinner.

o

these might work....

Here is a link that might be useful: slender sheet sets from vermont country store

o

Try IKEA. They sell sheets for thinner mattresses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here