Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda_ross8133

Sofa for dark blue leather club chairs...

Linda Ross
14 years ago

I have two oxford blue leather club chairs that I love, so soft and comfy. I need a sofa...

My walls are painted BM Dijon and I saw a beautiful chocolate brown leather sofa today. Would you put blue leather club chairs with a brown leather sofa? I have two other chairs in the room that I thought I could recover in a fabric that picks up the blue/brown/dijon colors. This all sits on a Karastan oriental rug/hardwoods. The large rug has in it the exact dark blue of the chairs and the main color is reddish, the other rug colors are brown/tan/light blue/dijon/touch of green.

My favorite colors are autumn colors. So is leather sofa and leather chairs too much? I can get the sofa in a microfiber caramel or other fabric color but it takes 4 months...what to do?

Comments (5)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    14 years ago

How about a couch in a reddish color similar to that found in the rug? That seems to me to be more lively and more coordinated than a brown sofa. (Everyone has a brown leather sofa.) I can envision vibrant art on the wall, books, large plants and coordinating curtain panels. It could be a really wonderful room.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

"I can get the sofa in a microfiber caramel or other fabric color but it takes 4 months...what to do?"

Don't rush into a purchase because you're anxious to complete a room (trust me). We waited almost 4 months for our sectional to be built and delivered and it was well worth the wait. Good things take time. If you're on the fence about the brown sofa, you're not totally convinced that it's the one for you. I think ingrid has a point about something more "lively". A deep cordovan would look wonderful.

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

I personally think it would be too much leather. We have a leather sofa ( great for kids, grown-up kids, & dogs ) but I have a mix of upholstered chairs in my den. I did not buy them all together but since I basically have used the same colors thru out my house - it works, I guess. It takes away from the look that I went & bought the set at the local furniture store at the same time. I do think it is wise to stay with a more neutral sofa - doesn't have to be solid but a nice tweed that brings all the colors together or subtle stripe/check. Then you can always bring in bolder fabrics in with your pillows & maybe one of your accent chairs.
    Here is a pic of my den (also with a Karastan rug)Of course some things have changed from this pic!! I had my pillows made with 2 fabrics so I can flip them - on the other side is a khaki linen that I use in the summer.....
    {{!gwi}}

Smiles:)

• nicole__
    14 years ago

I love leather, but yes, I think blue chairs AND brown leather couch is too much if it's not a matched set. A fabric couch would be perfect!

• Linda Ross
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ruby, your room looks terrific...what color is the green on the wall in the background? Thanks