Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 19:18
|What type of flooring do I want to put in my small (about 4 x 5') main floor bathroom? We're redoing it ourselves and are relatively capable but have never done this ourselves. We don't update often, so I want something that will last and be low maintenance, and I'd rather not do linoleum. From a quick look at the local box store, it looked like the main types were porcelain, natural stone, or ceramic.|
|I would do porcelain tile. You'll get a better selection at local tile shops and don't be afraid to go big...I have 12x24 tiles in my 5x5 powder room.|
|For a first timer, I'd go with mosaic tiles no larger than 2.25 inches. They come on a mesh back in 12 by 12 sections so it's pretty easy to cut them around things, like the hole where you're toilet will set as you'll have to remove that to install any flooring, and you can cut them with a nippers instead of renting or buying a tile saw.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here