Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happy2bme_gw

Gray lavender color for MB, HELP

happy2bme
13 years ago

I saw another thread on here about gravender...but Im wondering if anyone has found that gray without the blue tint, that isnt totally pastel or grape, and doesnt have that mauve look...I have been to BM, Lowes, Homedepot, pittsburg paints, looked on the EK site, In a magazine I found a color by Donald Kaufmann looks perfect called DKC-36 but there isnt a place I can buy it that isnt at least 2 hrs away in Poukipsee, so I dont really have a chip to look at just whats in the magazine and i dont want to just wing it and buy online, it would be a pricey mistake. Does anyone have this DK color in a room of theirs or any suggestions...

Comments (8)

• shawnamichelle
    13 years ago

Have you seen BM Wet Concrete? Not sure it's what you're looking for. I loved it in my old place.

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• happy2bme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Im thinking its too purple for my husband...but ill try it

• kitch_n_kat
    13 years ago

hi happy....for what it's worth, my jock husband with good taste particularly liked these colors- These pix show BM Aura Pashmina on the walls- When choosing, I didn't want it to go green, which would read drab in this room, but was frustrated that my samples kept turning purple when put next to the yellow ceiling...but thought that this didn't. These were fairly dark rooms....in the entry hall the Pashmina was lightened just a bit and the door is shown open so it's shown with a lot of light, but the living room is true Pashmina eggshell viewed in a low-ish light western facing room. hth

(the fireplace is a darker brownish-grey, Wicker Basket by Valspar, the white trim is BM Acadia, and the ceiling is an BM Aura color I can't recall)

{{!gwi}}

• happy2bme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I love all your colors, yes I have a jock husband too, when I showed him samples before my cry for help to gardenweb he exclaimed "whata tryin to push me out of the room"...Im thinkin romance hes thinkin fairy dust with my picks...

• oopsie913
    13 years ago

I think I am a bit confused by the title of your post, no offense. You said you DONT want a gray with a blue or mauvey undertone?? But Then you say you want a lavender/gray?? Wouldnt a grey with a blue undertone BE a lavender/grey type of color?? It is my understanding that gray either has a green, brown or blue undertone. If you are looking for more of a green undertone the swatch for stone harbor is a good one, or the gray owl or even revere pewter, but if you want the more brown gray, SW 'requisite gray' is one. Good luck.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Here are the two I'm considering...I need to paint more posterboards for an even "bigger" paint chip.

BM Pigeon and BM Dior

My only hint is when you are at the store, look at the overall card, the darkest colors on the strip might not be what you are looking for, but they will really tell you what colors are in that paint. Whether they are going blue, green, mauve, or towards black (which would indicate a truer gray, maybe?).

So, my own decision is pending, I love the Dior gray, but am afraid that it might be too dark for the room, and I'm worried that the Pigeon might be too light. So, I need to really see multiple poster boards painted in the same color to give me more of a feel. If you paint poster boards, another thing I have learned is NOT to paint the edges, make sure to leave a white border or the current paint will interfere with the way the sample looks.

Best of luck!

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I love the color on the first finger, but it's chanel nail polish.

p://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/funnygirl350/?action=view&current=chanelnailpolish.jpg"; target="_blank">{{!gwi}}

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I have no idea what the name of the colors are in this picture. And it looks more pink than lavender, no? Not my style or color, but..

Have you ever checked out Lilac and gray blog?

{{!gwi}}

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville