Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

1983 ranch-ish bathroom picks. Does it mesh?

jterrilynn
9 years ago

I lost the tub battle and am moving on. I have ordered the 60x42 below as it fits the space. The floor will be yet decided rectified wood porcelain plank. The walls will be in a yet decided off white tile. The vanity is up in the air until I pick the floor.

My question is: Does this tub filler with levers scream traditional? Will it work with what I have picked below? With the right stuff could it be transitional-ish contemporary?

I want some bling by the tub. I can't seem to find a transitional contemporary wall mount tub filler with a hand spray that I like that isn't some weird no name brand. It has to be a wall mount with a hand sprayer. I want a recognizable brand. I also do not want something that screams modern or screams traditional. The whole house is sort of in between. I like this tub filler a lot but I'm not sure if it's right.

This tub is on the way. All else has not been ordered yet. Will the tub filler work? ***NOTE*** the finish will be shiny chrome like the sinks faucets. Also, the double vanity is in a separate room.

Narrowed down to these faucets.

{{gwi:1457797}}

This toilet!

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 18:21

Comments (11)

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Is this too contemporary?

Here is a link that might be useful: Filler

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Or this?
    {{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Filler

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Fun, there is a Giagni that I like that is very close to the one you posted but with levers. I like levers because they are easy to clean.

I know I'm out of the loop on many brands but I have never heard of Giagni. Do you have personal experience with the brand or know where they are made? Their site just says family run. I'm fearful of something I know little about. I want decent plumbing fixtures. The Hansgrohe is a little over $800 so I do like the savings in your pick.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Love the Waterworks one but well above my budget. I'll check around though because there is a big difference on prices site to site.

• jrueter
    9 years ago

Does the handshower have to be a single unit with the wall mounted faucet? Lots of manufacturers would have a wall mounted faucet and a separate hand shower operated by a diverter valve. This option would give you a lot more choices of brands and styles.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, itâÂÂs looking like I will have to go that route and start over. I have found several fairly reliable brands in faucets I like but not so much in the all-in tub wall mounts w/hand spray in the style I seek. Boy it does get discouraging learning that much of what was good is a bit dicey now in the plumbing fixture department. At least by picking separate components I will not be replacing a whole unit if something breaks. From what IâÂÂm reading most of this stuff is now made in China (even well-known brands) and to me grossly overpriced for the quality it is. IâÂÂll pay mid-high for something good but not something thatâÂÂs a pretty bunch of crap. I miss the old days when there were certain brands you could turn to and know what you were getting. Now itâÂÂs a maze.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about Giagni. I picked that set based on the style and assumed you would know whether it was a reasonable brand based on your research. All of my fixtures are Perrin and Rowe and I have been very happy with them, but their styles are more traditional than you want.

• awm03
    9 years ago

I think your tub filler can work. It looks transitional enough to swing with a contemporary bath.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Awm, I so want it to work! This wall mount and product research is wearing thin. Really though the only part of the one I picked that IâÂÂm not so keen on is the look of the big spray head. I think I can live with that though. I donâÂÂt really have a handle on the whole look togetherâ¦I know I want single hole single lever faucets on the sinks. Maybe I should look for faucets that meet my criteria that are a bit beefier? And then go for the Hansgrohe wall mount with sprayer.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

i also think your tub filler pictured could work... the lever handles are more modern than the old fashioned cross handles would be and the spout is plain and modern--it also looks fine with either sink faucet to me! ... it doesn't all need to be perfectly matched...

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Busybee!
    I'm going to do it! I'm going to order the tub filler w/spray. Once I get it I'll decide on the faucets.