Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaybird

Welcome My3dogs....

jaybird
15 years ago

I am so glad to see you here!!!

Folks this lady will teach us lots of things! Her house is beautiful, with a gorgeous setting and her dogs adorable! You will all enjoy her!

Comments (15)

• User
    15 years ago

Here,here to all of the above!

My3dogs - Glad you decided to get into the pool.

Jim

• mimi_2006
    15 years ago

Glad to have you and we can't wait to share ideas and learn from you also! This is a fun and VERY helpful group of folks.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Gee, THANKS!!! This is a nice place and I am enjoying the posts very much.

To introduce myself and my 3 dogs, here are a few pics of my house and yard, and the 'kids' - Brittanys Sam, Joey and Jenny. We live in Southern Maine, near the coast and have a small river forming my property line. I have had this 1937 cape for almost 22 years, and love it. Over the years I have made it just what I need for my little family.

I love vintage and antique items and the house has a LOT of eBay and CL finds in it. I sew and make all my own window treatments, pillows, etc. Jim - thanks for the help with posting pics here!

This is not a current pic of the house, there is a brick walk out front now and another garden. I think I have 14+ perennial beds. (Dad was right all those years ago when he told me to stop.)

The river and part of the back yard

My shed - same age as the house. A friend and I moved it back here when I had the garage added years ago. All my gardens have names and this one is the Woodchuck Salad Bar. It doesn't get a lot of care, because they eat whatever they want out of it.

Part of the front yard

Joey on the left and Jenny on the right, having taken care of the sheet that I use to protect the couch....Gee, do they look spoiled here?

And Sam, who in this picture is respecting the sheet on the loveseat, but that doesn't always happen.

• texanjana
    15 years ago

Welcome! You have a beautiful home and doggies! I live in Texas, but my DH's sister and family live in Brunswick, ME.

• bluemoon2
    15 years ago

What a gorgeous home and yard! I'm looking forward to seeing the interior...other than the sheets and dogs, although they're pretty nice too.

• teacats
    15 years ago

Hi and welcome -- LOVELY home, gardens and wonderful dogs!

We just adore visitng Ogunquit, ME. and the neighbouring areas! We usually stay at The Kings Court -- and our fav shop is right across the street -- "Spoiled Rotten"

Here's a Hot Link to the shop -- and a live camera on its front porch! :)

We live near Dallas -- and its way too hot here and way too darn dry too ......... :(

Here is a link that might be useful: Fav Shop in Maine (and a video feed cam)

• IdaClaire
    15 years ago

Oh, swoon! Your home is fabulous! That view! WOW! And your pups are perfectly precious! Will you please show us more (interior) shots? I'm intrigued!

(And welcome, by the way! Any friend of Jaybird's is a friend of mine. :-))

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

I am relatively new here, but welcome.

Your gardens are lovely and your house looks so inviting.

• squirrelheaven
    15 years ago

Welcome My3Dogs : ) Your house and property is so beautiful -- it could easily be my dream home! How charming it is, and in such a pretty setting. Obviously well loved : )

Your pups are beautiful. You'll find lots of other animal lovers here, too.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Welcome My3Dogs. I agree with Squirrel that your home is very beautiful. I like your exceptional taste a lot both inside and outside the home. Your three doggies are cute also and I can see very well loved. I have four little dogs that are my "furkidz" since I have no children.

• Valerie Noronha
    15 years ago

Welcome my3dogs. I'm not sure what I like more, your gardens or your house. You've obviously put a lot of creativity and energy into both.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

I for one, hope to learn a lot from your exceptional knack for style. A river in the yard, my goodness how much better can it get? Absolutely beautiful. Is this what they mean when they talk of "heaven on earth?" Looks pretty damn close to me. Yea, like i know what heaven looks like. LOL

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    15 years ago

Hi, again! It's not quite heaven, because believe it or not, I live on a fairly busy street. When THIS happened on Patriot's Day 2007, I replaced this 80 foot pine that fell out of my yard and onto my fence with smaller trees and shrubs to shield my front yard more from the street. And, once you step out in the back yard, any noise of cars going by is gone, and replaced by the wonderful sound of the river.

I DO feel blessed to live here - 7 miles from my mother, so easy to keep watch on her, and because I love to do as much work on the house as I can myself, I have been able to make it just what Sam, Joey, Jenny and I need. They have doggie doors in my cellar, so are able to go out whenever they'd like (talk about muddy footprints!) into their 'puppy pen'.

The last pic below is one I took last night of their pen, to show my buddy 'Chijim'. Not pretty, but a wonderful play area for them to be safe. They can look at river activity through the chain link in the back, and they are hidden from the street by the stockade in the front. Sam and Joey love the little pool, (Jenny won't try it) and the picnic table is their 'grooming bench'! It's a very private area, and sits down below my front yard, and is totally hidden by surrounding trees in the summer.

Puppy pen

• magnaverde
    15 years ago

It's always good to see an old friend in a new place. M.

• jaybird
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good to see you too Mag!!
    My3...I can't even imagine that pine going down....the world must have shaken for a minute or three!!!
    Thanks again for all the pictures....I am smilin'!