Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Eye Candy Gallery updates!

oceanna
14 years ago

Please don't reply to this thread for 24 hours -- give it a chance to stay up top long enough for everyone to see it? We especially want our new folks to learn where the gallery is and what it has in it. Thanks!

I have updated a bunch of the gallery threads. :o)

Show me your Cottage Decor just got a bunch of deck and screened porch summer updates.

Foyer and Hallway Eye Candy! got updates with many pretty new ideas. This is a great place to go if you're wondering how to accessorize a table or dresser top and the wall behind it.

Staircase Eye Candy Blowout! got lots of new pictures of lovely stairways, plus one of a treatment for that ugly big wall over the stairs.

I put a bunch of new pix of wonderful ceilings in Ceiling Eye Candy Blowout!.

Home Office Eye Candy! got a bunch of new pix. Remember this file also includes home libraries, home theaters and craft rooms, as well as some good organizing ideas.

Kid Room Eye Candy! Kids to Teens got a bunch of darling new kid room pix for you parents and grannies who are wanting to do a kid room. I need to save some kid baths to put in that file too, if any of you are interested in that. Of course, you can put pix in any of these files too don't forget.

Last for right this minute, but not least, the Fireplaces - please share yours file got a bunch of new fireplace updates. A bunch of those are Christmas ones... sorry about the timing, but I had worked my way through all the numbered files and up to the "C's." However, there are a few non-Christmas ones too. Even with the holiday ones you can still see how they are accessorized to the sides, especially those with big bookcases flanking them. Anyway, pretty pix.

I haven't gotten to the other threads yet, but will as soon as I can. There are still a couple of threads on page two, I think bathrooms and bedrooms. One of them wouldn't open for me yesterday. Hmmm... I'll get to those when I can.

New folks, please also notice the color threads in there -- they are super if you're picking a wall color. They are on page one and two. You can use the search window at the bottom of the page. You can always find the Gallery by looking at the main page for Home Decorating. There is a link at the bottom and another link just above the list of the threads, and to the right. See also that we have a "conversations" link, so we can discuss other topics with each other over there. Having the Gallery is like having a huge stack of decorating magazines for free without all the obnoxious ads, just the pix. Only you don't have to look for a place in your home to store them or answer your DH saying, "When are you going to throw those out?" lol!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery

Comments (19)

• justgotabme
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks Oceanna. I was just mentioning on another thread I need to remember to check the gallery more often.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh dear. I see this didn't stay up top more than a few minutes. Oh well, I tried! May as well keep knocking it back up top now in the hopes that everyone sees it. Please?

Justgota, glad you enjoy the gallery updates!

• User
    14 years ago

Oceanna,

Thanks so much for doing those eye candy threads, they have helped me big time on several of my decisions.

I can't imagine how much work is involved, but it's appreciated!! -- Lukki!

• oceanna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Lukki! It's so good to know people get help from these threads! I know they've helped me with my decisions too.

• deborahnj
    14 years ago

bump

• powermuffin
    14 years ago

Thanks Oceanna for maintaining this. I have found some great ideas in the gallery!!
    Diane

• oceanna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Deborah and Diane! :o)

• megsy
    14 years ago

Thank you so much because I'm totally not understanding the gallery one single bit. These threads are to be bookmarked!!

• artlover13060
    14 years ago

Oceanna, you're the best. I love the gallery thread because it organizes ideas by category.

Hope I'm not sticking my foot in my mouth, but when I first joined this forum, I thought you were the moderator. (one of those blushing thingies would be nice now)

• japhynmarley
    14 years ago

bump

• mom2reese
    14 years ago

thank you!

• oceanna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Megsy, Artlover, Japhynmarley, and Mom2reese! And thanks for keeping this up top where folks will see it for a while.

Artlover, that's okay, but nope, not a moderator. People here help me and I'm just trying to pay it back & forward! :o)

• kathy77
    14 years ago

My daughters room

Here is a link that might be useful: My daughters room

• oceanna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What a cute room, Kathy. You are welcome to post those pictures over on the thread with the kid room pics, if you like.

• jaybird
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Oceanna!! I so appreciate your hard work to keep this gallery site "well decorated"!

• boysrus2
    14 years ago

Thank you from me as well! Those pictures are a great source of inspiration.

• artlover13060
    14 years ago

I have a question about adding photos to the gallery. Is it fair game to add pictures that came from another website? I have quite a few that I copied to my computer from other sites because I was afraid they would be removed. I'd love to share them here, but don't want to violate any copyrights.

• emagineer
    14 years ago

Jeesh, everytime you do this I want to change my life.
    Love every minute of your work in sharing. Thanks

• leahcate
    14 years ago

bump