Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light fixtures and cabinet

Posted by deickhoff0 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 17:48

Do they need to be in same dolor family?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light fixtures and cabinet

What type of cabinet are you talking about Deickhoff0? And are you speaking of the hardware on the cabinet or the cabinet itself. More details would help.

o

I'm talking about cabinet pulls. They are an iron look so silver family. Most light fixtures I like are a bronze (brown not gold bronze). My cabinets are a med to dark cherry in shaker style

o

That's what I thought you meant. Allergies are causing brain fog, so I wanted to make sure.
In my personal opinion, I wouldn't worry about them matching. Our kitchen light fixture is an bronzed gold and the drawer pulls are brushed nickle.
I don't have any photos on my laptop of the kitchen yet, or I'd share.
Oh wait, I have this very old one on Photobucket that shows just a bit of the light fixture over the cook top. I took it the Thanksgiving our son got home from the middle east. We didn't even have the cup drawer pulls on yet.

photo DarrellnAlexthanksgiving04-1.jpg

o

thanks! More opinions appreciated

o

You can mix metals, but it helps if the metal appears more than once in the space. Then again, the metal on my breakfast nook pendant appears nowhere else in the house. Go figure.

o

While Im able to match finishes on new build, one of best examples to myself of unmatched not being such a deal breaker was realizing that without looking, didnt know any of the finshes in my current master bath.

o

Annie, that's the way my island fixture is too. At one time it matched the chandelier in the adjoining Sunroom, but that's been removed and replaced with brushed nickel.
Here's another one I found on Houzz. The light fixtures are black and the cabinet hardware is silver tone, not sure of the exact finish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here