Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SunnyCottage -- still looking for metal awnings?

Posted by teacats (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 17:38

Hi!

If you are still looking for metal awnings -- check out our local Craigs List -- under Household ..... someone is selling their old aluminium ones -- may be too big for your house -- but thought I'd pass the info along ......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SunnyCottage -- still looking for metal awnings?

Thank you SO much, teacats! We had kind of put that on the back-burner for now, but I will definitely take a look at the CL ad. You never know - might work! :-)

o

I assume these are the ones you're referring to? I love them. I'm going to see if we can make them work. We'd really only need the larger ones, but ... well, maybe! Thanks again!

o

Oh, duh! I need to caffeinate myself before I post! I see that you have referred to aluminum awnings, and the ones pictured are canvas. I do really like these canvas ones though ... Now I'm off to look for the ones you meant! ;-)

o

Those fabric awnings are wonderful!!!! Gorgeous photo!!

The CL listing is under "household items" and is titled "awnings for sale or trade" and is located in your side of town (trying to be as discreet here as possible! LOL!)

The listing appears to be from June 24th .....

The two awnings are aluminum -- and seem to be long enough to cover the top of two windows (that are located closer together) or a door-and-window combination .....

o

Teacats - I found 'em. Unfortunately, they're much too big for my application, and the canvas ones that I posted above are about 4 inches too small! ::sigh:: Thank you for thinking of me though. I'm going to keep an eye out on Craigslist, because you just never know what's going to show up there! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here