Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ISO wrinkly crinkly muslin?

Posted by mtnrdredux (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 17:27

We have a queen size canopy bed ...it's a fourposter metal bed.I've had it for years.. I had it my first apartment ..,when I bought it it had sort of a big scarf draped over? The scarf thing started at the floor went up the side, swagged across the top and went down the other side.

When the bed was on display it had the off-white muslin that was wrinkly and crinkly. I bought it that way but the intervening years I've misplaced that piece of fabric. I'm now trying to find the same fabric.

The best way I can describe it is that it's like what they call a broomstick skirt? Which is a very thin cotton that when you wash you take out damp and wrap around a broomstick to maintain all of the creases in it. Does anybody know what I'm talking about our where to get it? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISO wrinkly crinkly muslin?

Was it crinkle gauze?

Here is a link that might be useful: crinkle gauze

o

Yes, that's it! Crinkle gauze! the Calico Corners person had no idea, and kept looking in the books with sheers ... and I'm like ... uhh, lady, this was pretty junky fabric ...

LOL

thank you

o

Yeah, calico corners, not so much. You might find it at The Barn in Bpt, or maybe Discount Fabrics in Bpt has it...

o

You could have panels made with tab tops so theycould be pulled to or left open or just rearranged from time to time.

o

KSWL, Yes, in fact, that is what I tend to see on this type of bed now. Frankly, it's much nicer. But I really just want it like it was.

Annie, found it on line ... thanks again!

This post was edited by mtnrdredux on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 14:28

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here