|We have a queen size canopy bed ...it's a fourposter metal bed.I've had it for years.. I had it my first apartment ..,when I bought it it had sort of a big scarf draped over? The scarf thing started at the floor went up the side, swagged across the top and went down the other side. |
When the bed was on display it had the off-white muslin that was wrinkly and crinkly. I bought it that way but the intervening years I've misplaced that piece of fabric. I'm now trying to find the same fabric.
The best way I can describe it is that it's like what they call a broomstick skirt? Which is a very thin cotton that when you wash you take out damp and wrap around a broomstick to maintain all of the creases in it. Does anybody know what I'm talking about our where to get it? Thank you
|Was it crinkle gauze?|
Here is a link that might be useful: crinkle gauze
|Yes, that's it! Crinkle gauze! the Calico Corners person had no idea, and kept looking in the books with sheers ... and I'm like ... uhh, lady, this was pretty junky fabric ... |
|Yeah, calico corners, not so much. You might find it at The Barn in Bpt, or maybe Discount Fabrics in Bpt has it...|
|You could have panels made with tab tops so theycould be pulled to or left open or just rearranged from time to time.|
|KSWL, Yes, in fact, that is what I tend to see on this type of bed now. Frankly, it's much nicer. But I really just want it like it was. |
Annie, found it on line ... thanks again!
This post was edited by mtnrdredux on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 14:28
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here