Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another paint color thread - Help!

Posted by cind11 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 17:20

My 20 year old daughter is home from college this summer and wants to change her pink walls to chocolate brown. We picked Sherwin Williams 6088 - Nuthatch. I told the guy at the paint store we did NOT want a paint that looked gold. Well guess what? One coat of paint is on her walls and especially in the lighter areas of her room, the paint has a decidedly gold cast to it. My husband is not happy after his work and paying for paint we don't like. I told him not to put the second coat on until we figure this out. The carpet is a neutral beige. (At least I think it is) The room gets a lot of light beginning mid afternoon and then by late afternoon is flooded with light. Any suggestions for a coffee colored or chocolate brown paint with no funky (especially yellow or gold) undertones?? Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another paint color thread - Help!

Yes, get a black-based chocolate brown. BM Midsummer Night is gorgeous. Or BM Dragon's Breath.

o

Well, Nuthatch is definitely more coffee colored than chocolate. I have what I consider a dark chocolate brown in my bedroom. Have had it in my last three masters. Love love it. BM Middlebury Brown. Here is a pic. Might be too dark for you but figured I would throw it out there.

photo null_zps09ec7cc4.jpg

o

I have BM Caravelle in my kitchen with cream cabinets and a dark floor. I really like it.

o

I have Behr Wild Horse in my dining room. Quite a bit darker than Nuthatch and not gold at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here