Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Annoying music when I view Garden Web

nhb22
10 years ago

Is anyone else hearing annoying music when viewing GW? I cannot get rid of it.

Comments (13)

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

I keep my computer on mute. Sudden sounds from the computer tend to scare me...lol

• User
    10 years ago

my sound is on no funny music but I do have add block

• nhb22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Eeeek! How do I block it? I can't think because of the music. Didn't think about going mute. I had a question to ask y'all about painting my garage doors a dark color (color of new shutters.) It's pretty much a done deal since the painters are here, but I wanted your opinion. :)

Well, as long as I have your attention, here is an example of a triple garage painted dark with a lighter siding color. My house is set up the same way...at an angle to the garage doors.

Do you think these will look OK. See link if pic doesn't show up. I should add that my doors will not be a stained wood. They are Cloplay doors in metal and will be painted a grayish brown.

Here is a link that might be useful:

This post was edited by newhomebuilder on Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 17:13

• nhb22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is the shutter. The doors are currently painted the color of the stucco siding and the trim. Sort of a checkerboard with the panels alternating. Wanted a contrast.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

newhomebuilder, I am also experiencing that annoying music. Have asked on two more forums here on GW about the music. Quite a number of people are experiencing it. I was using IE.

Now, however, I have switched to Chrome and am not getting the music. Several people who were using Firefox were also getting the music. It bothers me because I don't know if it is some kind of infection that Spyware Blaster and Malware Bytes aren't picking up.

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

With IE I get the music. With Google chrome with ad block I don't.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    10 years ago

No music for me with Firefox with AdBlock Plus

• nhb22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. The problem is new to me this week. I was thinking of switching to Firefox because I am not happy with the new look of IE with the very light grays in their Classic look.

Now to the garage doors. They are painted and I don't think that I like them...either that or they are just a big shock. I am hoping that when all the protection plastic wrap gets off of the stucco, the door hardware is put back on, along with the shutters and their hardware is hung, the house will look better.

Oh, and you know how they say one thing leads to another? The lights over the garage doors have faded and they will either have to be painted or replaced. They look copper, now. I'll post photos when it's all finished.

• peaches12345
    10 years ago

I get the music when first on the main Home Forums page. When I click on a forum the music is gone (thank heavens). IE.

• nhb22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Unfortunately, that's not happening for me. :( The music is on everything I click. I cannot keep my speakers off because I have work that needs to be done and I need to know when emails come in (I have that "you've got mail" alarm that I can hear anywhere in the house. Therefore, I have to close off GW when not in use ...which is a quick look.

Can anyone tell me how to block the music?

I am going to start a new thread about the painting since I am not getting any responses. hahaha The good news is that I am liking the garage doors better this morning. The plastic paint shields have been taken off, hardware re-installed and the shutters are going up. When all done, I will post before and after picks of the house.

The back of my house with new pergola and screened porch are also being painted. I'll probably wait and post one big thread of the new transformation of my exterior. :)

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I also get the music, rather randomly on GW. I use FF with ad block.

Nice garage.

• nhb22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The garage is not mine. It's an example. ours has painted doors which I am still on the fence about.

The annoying music is suddenly gone! I don't know why.

• iandw
    10 years ago

The music was driving me absolutely crazy. It almost sounded like there was something wrong with my computer because it can barely be described as music (it sounds garbled and scratchy at times). I dug around the HTML source and found a reference to howlingmonkey.com and voila! There is some sort of invisible frame or something that is loading that site but you can't see it. Looks like it is some kind of site that iVillage is trying to promote but it obviously isn't working right.