Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Club Chairs - where to buy?

Posted by domino3 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 16:16

I am in the market for some neutral moderate sized club chairs (no more than 32-36x38-40) for my small living room. My taste is traditional (e.g. WS Home) but my price point is probably no more than $800 per chair. They will be for reading and entertaining and I have 3 kids.

My question is where to shop? I want to sit in them so hesitant to order online. I've looked at PB, Macys and C/B. I am in CA...any ideas?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Club Chairs - where to buy?

I have a couple of sets of club chairs (one set is a modified wing back/club chair). I think you might be better off focusing on manufacturers rather than retail outlets. One set of mine is from Broyhill, the other from Rowe.

I'm in California, too--northern California. I think I bought both sets at Naturewood (in Sacramento). But you might look at some of the manufacturer sites and then use the store locators to find out who carries what you like.

o

The last time Ilooked, most new upholstered furniture was of a larger scale than I prefer. My solution was picking up great chairs at thrift shops and reupholstering. I found a gorgeous,tufted- back Baker club at a Goodwill for $8.00! . I am in Ca . where There are lots of reasonable Upholsterers if you only require a simple job.

o

Room and Board has three locations in California. They sell a lot of smaller scale pieces.

o

davisgard- Good point. So are you happy with your Broyhills? What about Bassett? Drexel? Ethan Allen?

I would love to troll the thrift stores to find a great reupholstery deal but frankly I don't have the time to keep checking back at those places. I have been looking on CL with no luck yet.

Going to check out Room and Board..

o

I am looking at club chair "style" also. I am considering chairs made by Sam Moore. They are swivel rockers and are just under six hundred and smaller scale. I cannot find any reviews however which does concern me a little and I thought buying new furniture was going to be fun!

o

I have been happy with both the Broyhill (which don't get used much) and the Rowe (which get used a lot). Both are large, though, so probably wouldn't work for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here