Here's what I did with the lamp

violetwest
9 years ago

( will update in a minute)

Comments (15)

• violetwest
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thought y'all might like to see that I got the lamp shined up, fixed, and working! Thank you all for your comments.

Shade is nothing special -- just the first one I found at Target that would work. I will also need a finial -- I'm going to look for a scalloped tin one.

To blfenton who suggested I pair it with the trunk, I'm sorry I dismissed your idea, because it was a good one!

I put the link to the original thread below if you need it

Here is a link that might be useful: What to do with this lamp?

• violetwest
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hopefully a clearer shot. So hard to take pics in my house because of the lighting!

• peony4
    9 years ago

Very nice! That's such a lovely base.

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

It looks good on the trunk. Nice lamp.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

It looks beautiful. Can you put the lamp in the location where the basket is and put the basket where the lamp is and then snug the darling Asian pot up to the basket, and indulge me so that I can see if that creates a cozy look. It might not, but I am dying to try it. ;-)

• violetwest
    Original Author
    9 years ago

How's that Patricia? I didn't spend a lot of time on composition yet- I mostly trying to hide the outlet.

Btw that pottery is Ken Edwards pottery from Guadalajara Mexico which I have a ton of, including all my dishes

• blfenton
    9 years ago

It looks great and the shade seems to be a good balance. I like the Mexican style blanket next to it.

You have a vignette. I love vignettes, especially when they are based in emotion or story such as yours.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Oh, that is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• yayagal
    9 years ago

You did a good job, kudos to you!!!

• User
    9 years ago

Like it, but I think I'd raise the shade a bit by new higher harp or shade riser adapter.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

Applause!

This post was edited by bbstx on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 18:15

• patricianat
    9 years ago

I apologize for calling your sweet piece of pottery Asian, but it did appear so to my failing eyes. However, now that you have rearranged and made a vignette, it is perfectly clear that it is pottery and what a sweet little pot it is. I love it.

• User
    9 years ago

Love that lamp, it is very unusual!

• violetwest
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks guys. I'd actually prefer a browner shade, or perhaps a basketry one, but this will do for now.

Chijim, yes I think I will raise it a bit if I can. It didn't want to raise right away, and I'll have to attack that part with the WD-40.

So nice to have it functional again!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

It's just as beautiful as I knew it would be. It is a true jewel! It steals the show.
    I am so glad you decided to take the time to get it looking so great.
    I would buy that lamp in a minute.