Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Not Playing it Safe--Hot Pink

beekeeperswife
9 years ago

Hi gang.

I thought you might enjoy seeing my master bedroom sitting area. This room has been waiting for me to do something with it and I finally did! I won't call it done yet since I still need some pillows, and I'm replacing that table with reupholstered metal faux bamboo X stools I found on CL. I'm reupholstering them in hot pink animal skin fabric that is gorgeous.

I was going to order a hot pink velvet sofa, but ended up finding this one for $2400 less from HG. I think the wall color and accessories will do the trick. I need to find some way to bring this hot pink/raspberry into the other part of the suite. I'm working on it.

This all goes back to my philosophy, that more people are disappointed who go with the "safe" choice than those that follow their gut and try what they really want.

Enjoy!

PS--I've already changed out some things since I took this pic the other day! Grass does not grow under my feet.

Comments (28)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

It's beautiful. A wonderful eclectic mix.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Lovely! And yay for not playing it safe!

• carolt924
    9 years ago

Very nice and inviting, love your tables, lamps and magazine rack!

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Very glam and gorgeous, bee! I love your use of color and texture, the mix is wonderful! Well done, but I am holding out for pictures with hot pink accessories... And I know you won't disappoint!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Very pretty!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Ditto! (very pretty, and fun!)

• LeeMiller
    9 years ago

love it! where did you get those fabulous end tables?

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

I smiled when I saw this post. LOVE the color and texture of the pillows against the gray. OT a tad but for some reason, it really tickles me how much your DH enjoys your projects.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love it! You never disappoint!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Love it. I'd like to know what we're drinking in the orange bottle.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Veuve Cliquot, n'est-ce pas? Magnifique!

• Sheeisback_GW
    9 years ago

Wow, Bee that is SHARP!

• ttodd
    9 years ago

You're always sure to inspire! Looks like a magazine. You had one of my most favorite kitchens ever!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, thanks, I was hoping you guys would like to see the latest home project here.

anele, I really don't want to play things too safe, I mean how does that make you grow, right? In fact I have a client right now who is so inspired to finally step outside her comfort zone she said she is ready to do something in hot pink after seeing my room! I never want to go too "unsafe" and make it look crazy, so I think it's a fine line.

kswl, well, of course it has already been accessorized! I'll grab another picture.

leemiller, the endtables are ones I had used in my old house for nightstands, nothing fabulous, just from HG. In fact, I've re-zhushed them already, putting them both on the right side, back to back to make a larger surface, and inserted a mirrored side table I had on the left side of the sofa.

oldbat2be, my DH goes into these projects with a slightly whiney voice usually, but I just get 'er done when he's out of the house. Then it's not too painful for him. He is really holding firm on not painting anything else in this color though. Even though I "need" paint more of it somewhere. (and you know I will.....)

romy & mtn, you got it, my fav Veuve Cliquot. I used it as a prop in my show house room, one day it will be consumed, but until then....I just love the color and using it as decor.

thanks sheesh!

Foxes, you are too sweet. thank you.

Ok, here is the room as it sits right now. See the fabrics? I'm thinking about pillows in the two that are propped up on the square ones, and the one on the cocktail table is going to be for the X benches. I'll post pics in a couple of entries. I have no idea how to access my photobucket account anymore!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Even though the green works with the pink, I will probably change those pillows too.

Here is the fabric for the X benches that I might use instead of the cocktail table. If not, they will be used at the bottom of the bed to help bring the pink over there.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    9 years ago

and here are those hot pink accessories....my books!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One more overall shot, from an angle, and then, I promise not to bore you anymore!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Bee, I just love it! You never fail to deliver with your color inspirations. I kinda liked those green fluffy pillows in the first photo as accents. Great texture.

• trixiemo
    9 years ago

Bee, Love it! Raspberry and Grey look fabulous together!!

Off topic, your kitchen, the F&P dish drawers you have are they they tall top or standard height? What size drawer panels are they? My kitchen design has some strange sizes that aren't lining up with the rest of the drawers.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

wow that is super gorgeous and finished !

where did you get that gold zebra rug ? so cool !

• phiwwy
    9 years ago

stunning and so glam! What is the paint color, bee?

• jjam
    9 years ago

You are so talented! Love it :)

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Wow, so pretty and such a fun room now. I love it, Bee!

• rockybird
    9 years ago

I love it! You are really talented to put that together! Are any of your things Jonathon Adler? If so, I was wondering what you thought of the quality, considering how expensive they are.

• antiquesilver
    9 years ago

Haven't been on GW for awhile & just saw this - strikingly beautiful is an understatement!

• Pipdog
    9 years ago

so glam, Bee! Love that pink faux crocodile material!! I want to hang out and have a cocktail in your sitting area!

• bbstx
    9 years ago

Rats! you moved my favorite accessory - the bottle of Veuve Clicquot! Other than that it looks great!

• nutsaboutplants
    9 years ago

Fresh and sharp!