Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gray Paint Experts Needed

Posted by bichonlover3 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 16:00

My DH and I are going to paint our son's and new daughter-in-laws first house. We need to use SW paints as my son is a Navy pilot instructor based at Vance Air Force Base in Enid, OK. and this is the brand of paint that is available. The new couple like accent colors of dark teal and burnt orange and they have a sectional that is a taupy-beige solid fabric which my son refuses to give up. lol. I was looking at SW Functional Gray or Mega Greige with white trim to make the gray pop or will these grays be too dark for their small mid-century home? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gray Paint Experts Needed

I just used SW Amazing Gray in my dining room and really loved it.

o

Thanks!

o

I just tried samples of Mega Greige 7031, Incredible White 7028 and warm Stone 7032. Does Mega Greige have a green cast or is it just me?

o

Perhaps this article will help you.

Remember, whether or not the paint has the cast of green, it may be coming from your room. I painted the wall color in my DR also on the ceiling in my library, but due to the light in each room the colors look very different.

Here is a link that might be useful: Choosing gray

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here