Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthie51_gw

How do I get these off without damaging the couch?

ruthie51
9 years ago

So, this is a picture that a satisfied customer posted on the Macy's website after they took delivery of the same sectional that's getting delivered here tomorrow. These tags are attached with the thin plastic wire with one end of the wire embedded in the couch. How does one remove these tags without cutting the fabric, but getting deep enough so the plastic wire doesn't stick out of the couch? Can I ask the delivery men to remove them for us?

Comments (8)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

they're not loops but the kind put in with a gun?

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 15:57

• ruthie51
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They're the kind put in with a gun. I saw them at the store and assumed the delivery men would remove them, but then I saw the above picture. I guess I'll have to ask Macy's "5-star delivery" service to remove them because I know myself. Either I'll: 1) cut the fabric, or 2) not cut deep enough and the plastic wire will stick out a zillionith of an inch, just enough to poke people on the back of their necks if they lean back.

• jea2007
    9 years ago

Put a little tension on them and cut them close as you can to the fabric of the couch without cutting the fabric. Don't worry about what is left in the cushion, it will just fall in and disappear.

• ruthie51
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good advice, jea, thank you. The next thing I have to do is get a sharp pair of scissors. The ones we have now barely cut paper.

• peony4
    9 years ago

I would call Macy's first and inquire who's responsible for removing them.

• mclarke
    9 years ago

For "Five Star Delivery Service", they should remove the tags with gold-plated manicure scissors.

• ruthie51
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I received this e-mail from Macy's. Looks like they'll take care of it either by request or as a matter of routine:

"Upon arrival at your home your 5-Star Delivery Expert will:
    Use pads and door protectors to protect your home while handling your new furniture
    Wear shoe covers to protect your floors and gloves when needed to protect your new furniture
    Review any special requests such as moving like items as needed to another room of your home on the same level (Only like items of those being delivered today may be moved on the same floor/level)

When bringing your new Home Furnishings into your home your Delivery Expert will:
    Vacuum area(s) where your new purchase will be placed
    Place bed skirt(s) and mattress pad(s) on your new bed
    Remove all delivery packaging and materials when they leave from your residence."

• ruthie51
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They were here, rolled out the Macy's red carpet service and removed the tags themselves. Now I have to find something else to worry about.

This post was edited by ruthie51 on Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 11:58