Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bungalow_house

count off: how many have zuzu's LR pic saved as inspiration?

bungalow_house
14 years ago

One.

Comments (77)

• bac717
    14 years ago
    1. Dreamy!
  • allison0704
    14 years ago

I don't have it but sent to DD1.

1. DD1
  • moonshadow
    14 years ago

30! One of my all time favorites, it looks as fresh now as it did the first time I saw it. Never tire of it!

• gardenergwen
    14 years ago

31 - Count me as another one who has had it saved for quite some time!

• declansmom
    14 years ago

32 - Absolutely my favorite

• User
    14 years ago

I do now. 33

• boysrus2
    14 years ago

34 - i saved it a while back to my clippings too! Gorgeous room.

• yogacat
    14 years ago
    1. Wonderful!

I've never understood why living rooms nearly always have sofas. They aren't especially comfortable or efficient. I'd only need to swap my personal items for Zuzu's and I'd be happy to have her living room exactly as it is. I rarely think that about a room.

• nanny2a
    14 years ago

35 - Interesting to see that so many of us, with such varied tastes and individual styles of decorating, ALL feel that this charming room is worthy of our saving it for inspiration. It really says something about zuzu's true talent for composition and timeless style. I don't know the lady, but would love to see other pictures of her home, if anyone knows if there are any. I've always loved this room, and hope someday to have a home where I could do something similar. This one is a classic!!

• redbazel
    14 years ago

It's different, gorgeous, and addictive...........the room I would love to have if I wasn't using the front room as a dining room. But...........collective gasp here.....I don't have it saved. Don't need to. It reposts here every so often and I get to enjoy it all over again.

Red

• pat_tea
    14 years ago

36 - saved it a long time ago! Love it!

• juddgirl2
    14 years ago

37 - I've had it saved for a long time! I think if I had a room like that I'd be so content.

• luckygal
    14 years ago

38 - and I've saved other pics of her home. I just put them in an album for all to enjoy. I have others as well but not sure if they are from this home or another. I'll add them to the album when I have time. Bed time now! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Lovely style

• tinam61
    14 years ago

Thank you luckygal! I had never seen other pics of Zuzu's home. I love the sitting room pic. She has a wonderful style. She's in a new home now isn't she?

I'd love to see other pics if/when you have time to share.

Thank you! Zuzu - in case you see this - beautiful home and what a flare you have.

tina

• twizzis
    14 years ago

I saved it the day she posted it.

• ezbake
    14 years ago

Wish Zuzu were MY decorator!!!

$40

• rnest44
    14 years ago

Just did...from the fireplace w/bookcases thread. Didn't know that's what this thread was about. ;)

• love-my-lilhome
    14 years ago

Had for a while also. Very relaxing room.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    14 years ago

#43 Her style is not exactly my style but that doesn't seem to matter. It's just a beautiful room to look at and enjoy.

• ttodd
    14 years ago

#44. I saved it a few yrs. ago too. The wall color is BM Flowering Herbs. It's the same color I'm going to do our 4th bedroom in w/ left over FH that I have in the basement.

• budge1
    14 years ago

#45 I've got another pic of her sitting room saved somewhere. I'll post if I can find it.

Awhile ago she posted that she wanted to do decorating as a career, but felt unsure about whether others would like her taste. Hmmm, I wonder ...

• leahcate
    14 years ago

Not saved, but should be, just as a place to go to rest my eyes, so.....
    no.46. Call me silly, but this room feels soothing in the way of a porch in the rain. Was it zipdee's or trailrunners or?, pictured in the rain? This room should have that porch! Love them both.

• cooperbailey
    14 years ago

47! and it was the FIRST one I saved!It is still my inspiration. My room shape and size is not conducive to the layout,but who cares? I can get a similar feel. It prompted me to get a chandelier and everytime I look at it I think I am on my way to a Zuzu room!

• scarlet_morgan
    14 years ago

#48 Absolutely! I've had it saved a very long time. In fact, I have both saved that are on Luckygal's link - the one with the mirror and the one with the piece of art over the mantel. I also have it saved to my paint color inspiration file as I love the wall color she chose. I'm with EZBake, I'd love to have Zuzu help me decorate my home any day!

Scarlet

• scarlet_morgan
    14 years ago

Here is another pic of the same room, the one with a piece of artwork over the mantel. I think it is beautiful either way.

• emmatux
    14 years ago

#49 It was one of the first I saved.

• yayagal
    14 years ago

I have it too!!

• Sueb20
    14 years ago

I guess I'm #51!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    14 years ago
    1. It is such a serene, refreshing room.
  • xantippe
    14 years ago

Oh, 53 for sure. Why I love that particular pic so much is that the bones of her room (shape, wall color, window positions etc) are VERY similar to my own living room.

• susan209
    14 years ago

# 54, That is my favorite room of all time, there's just nothing that I don't like. (shape, wall color, windows, chair style and colors,) It is a wonderful blend of everything together. What a great idea of four chairs for comfortable conversation, who needs a sofa anyhow? I only wish the room were mine.

• Robbi D.
    14 years ago

Count me in, #55.

• luckygal
    14 years ago

I've added some more pics to the album (link below) that I think are of ZuZu's home. This room may be in the same house, perhaps she calls the room that adjoins the kitchen the LR and this separate room the front room as they were often called in older homes.

Wish ZuZu would post, I know we'd all love to see any changes in her lovely home.

Front room...

Portico...

Here is a link that might be useful: inspirational pics

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Pic duplication, here's the one I wanted to post...

• jlc712
    14 years ago

56! I want to live in that house!

• loribee
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing the other pix...such a treat!

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

Beautiful rooms, great attention to details !!

has zuzu stopped frequenting this forum ? just curious....

• laurenk88_pa
    14 years ago

Not sure what number I am, but this is saved in many places! Also one of the first that I'd saved!

• Sueb20
    14 years ago

I only wish I had a room in my house that I could use like this. Someday, I might change over my dining room (which we never use) into a 'library' and have a setup like this room. We are adding a screen porch onto our summer cottage and this is the idea I have in mind for furniture arrangement there, if I can make it work. I suspect the porch won't be large enough for the 4 chairs, though (more of a long/narrow space).

• magnolialady
    14 years ago

Laurenk88 pa you should be #57 if I counted right.

I am #58. Love love love Zuzu's home and I have 3-4 of her pics saved too. Flowering Herbs is a gorgeous color in her home. I have considered using it but my LR.

DOES anybody happen to know the BLUISH/GREEN color in the room with the white chair??? Every space is so soothing to look at. I bet ZuZu has a great personality. Great eye candy!!

• oceanna
    14 years ago

Wow, her decor is wonderful!!

• jaybird
    14 years ago

# 59 here

• antmaril
    14 years ago

A truly beautiful room.

60!!!

• indygo
    14 years ago

I have all those pictures saved as well!
    Magnolialady, if I remember correctly, the blue/green is Devine Almond.

• justretired
    14 years ago

Love that room!

#62 if indygo-girl is 61...........

JR

• deltabreeze
    14 years ago

Anyone know what color the walls are? They look grey green. Maybe EK's lichen? And yes, I have saved her pics.

• magnolialady
    14 years ago

indygo-girl, thank you for the wall color. I looked up Devine Almond and it is a bluish color on the chart. Maybe ZuZu will pop in here for a visit and let us know:)

deltabreeze,the wall color in the room with the 4 chairs is Benjamin Moore Flowering Herbs.

• dixiedo
    14 years ago

#63 here =o)

• deltabreeze
    14 years ago

thanks magnolialady -- do you think that is the same color as she used for the room with the white couch and wood armoir?

• credomk
    14 years ago

#64! It's been saved since I first saw it on this forum. It's not practical for us at this stage in life in our current home, but I LOVE the look and feel. I do hope to at least replicate the colors and do a room with a chandelier. :-)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH