Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Jewelry storage cabinet

neetsiepie
13 years ago

I have a ton of costume and art jewelry that I currently house in two jewelry armoires. But I find that it's not giving me good storage that I can use well. So I'm trying to figure out a new solution and I need some help.

I've got a five drawer chest, has two shallow (about 3" deep) drawers on top and 3 deeper, standard depth drawers. I am thinking of repurposing this to use for the jewelry storage. Currently, only one of the armoires has some hooks for hanging necklaces, so most of mine are laying in drawers instead. So switching to drawers isn't a problem, but does that sound like too weird of an idea?

I'm thinking of some small divided containers for earrings, bracelets and pins, and they can fit in the top two drawers, but not sure what to do with the deeper drawers.

I've looked on line at the Container Store and saw something that looks like a sock drawers...has divided sections, but that's not really what I want. The concept is right, but not exactly.

I am thinking I need something stackable for the necklaces, I could probably fit at least 2 or three trays deep in each drawer. Can anyone think of something that can work? I almost think of file inbox trays that are lined with felt would be perfect...something I can lift up and stack.

Has anyone shopped the Container Store? Or maybe seen something at Ikea? I've checked both websites and am not really seeing what I want, and I know in stores they always have more. Both are about a 1-1.5 hr drive, so I can go if someone has recommendations. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions!!

P.S. I wear my jewelry just about every day. I like to layer my necklaces & bracelets, so I really do have A LOT!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County