Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Match or coordinate bath color to MBR

gsciencechick
9 years ago

I have paint for our Master BR, BM Stonington Grey. We updated the bathroom (yes, our master BA is just a half-) in 2007, so if we're going to paint the bedroom, probably need to repaint the bath.

What color would you go with? I'm sure there is enough paint to do the Stonington Grey, but it doesn't have to match. What is a coordinating color on the fandeck strip? The tile is terracotta and the grout is grey.

This is an old cell phone photo.

This post was edited by gsciencechick on Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 15:39

Comments (12)

• caminnc
    9 years ago

Match for sure!!!!!!!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I enjoy too many color schemes to make the Mbath match the Mbr...it can go, not match. But matching is fine too.

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Watching this thread as I have the same dilemma.

• sis2two
    9 years ago

I'm not a matchy person but I think the Stonington Gray will look really nice with the tile, especially since there is gray grout. Or maybe a lighter version of the gray?

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Oops, double post.

This post was edited by tomatofreak on Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 17:36

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

I am going to take the darker accent wall color in our BR and lighten it up with white to get a much lighter "hint" of our MBR.
    The rest of the room was one shade lighter on the color card. So it should all "flow" but not be exact.

• gsciencechick
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. Does anyone have a BM fandeck so I can see what are the next lighter and darker colors to it? Maybe I need to do a separate post for that.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Stonington Gray is one of the historic colors so it's isn't on that handy "strip" where you can easily identify the lighter or darker version. But you could ask the paint store to mix it at 25% or 50% or whatever.

We did the reverse a while back. Master bath was Revere Pewter and bedroom was a medium blue gray color. I loved the RP so much that I painted the bedroom the same color.

• gsciencechick
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aha, that is probably why I can't find it.

I had tried to match the color that is in there now to the MBR which was painted by PO's, so it doesn't match right now. I may need to take a trip to the BM store to see if there is anything else I like. I love how the Stonington is going to look on our BR walls. The lighting is just right in there.

Since summer is wasting away and I am doing more work than I planned, I'll probably have to have our contractor friend do it. What would take me a week, he can do probably in two days. I love to paint, DH not so much.

• valmooreinphx
    9 years ago

I vote for coordination instead of matching. I'd do a lighter version of your grey from the bedroom.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Stonington gray occurs between Coventry gray and wickham gray. I have had success with using nearby colors in the historic colors when they do belong to the same family. But I would go for a coordinating warm tone to pick up on the flooring...take a look at pale oats or even adobe white...

• geokid
    9 years ago

Follow this link to the Benjamin Moore website to see what color combos they suggest as well as different shades of Stonington Gray.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stonington Gray

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz