Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P & L Ceylon Ivory undertone?

Posted by bbstx (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 14:56

I am tired of the colors in my living/dining/kitchen: gold, sage green, and rust. I want a living room that looks like this. My sofa is chestnut brown leather so it has a reddish undertone, instead of the gray undertone in the picture. I think I can still pull off the look, but I need a cream with a reddish/yellowish undertone.

If you will look at the first picture in the linked article, the wall color is P&L Ceylon Ivory. I got a sample pot of a Lowe's-matched color yesterday. It doesn't look very ivory to me. It looks very green-ish. I haven't put it on a sample board yet to see how it will look in my room.

Have any of you used P&L Ceylon Ivory? If so, what is your impression of the undertone. Is it green?

Here is a link that might be useful: CDT Family Room re-do

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P & L Ceylon Ivory undertone?

I've never used it, but looked up a few images on the web. Every one looks different, but I didn't see a green undertone in any of them. And in the link below, it doesn't look like 'ivory' on my monitor at all, but a beige-y peach tone.

Here are a few -
http://www.traditionalhome.com/design_decorating/howwelive/faudree-mcbournie_ss13.html

http://pinterest.com/pin/76350156152784284/

Here is a link that might be useful: Match of Pratt & Lambertâ„¢ 2101 Ceylon Ivory

o

m3d, that is exactly what I'm trying to avoid - peachy, pinky undertones. (Does that mean I should abandon looking for reddish undertones, and go with yellowish undertones? Now that I think about it, I think so.)

I finally found the website I was looking for, colorcharts.org. According to that website, Ceylon Ivory is a 96% match for BM Papaya and a 93% match for Behr's Swiss Almond and BM French Vanilla and SW Sundew. If that gives anyone an idea.

In my former home, I wanted just "a nice cream." I chose SW Martha Stewart's Heavy Cream for my bedroom. I hated that color for the entire 7 years that we lived there. It turned an icky green on the walls!

I get totally paralyzed tying to choose colors. I've made so many mistakes. Yes, it is just paint. And while paint is relatively cheap, that guy with the roller in his hand, isn't.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colorcharts.org

o

I can see why you're having trouble! I just Googled images of Papaya, and while it looks fine in the sample in the first row, look at the pinky samples in the second row, on my monitor, anyway.

The lighting in the Cote de Texas blog must have really affected the way it looks, as it did look beautiful in that pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ben Moore Papaya

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here