Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plastic Trim edges on Headrail of Vertical Blinds

Posted by dlspellman (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 14:41

The small plastic trim on the top and bottom of the headrail of my vertical blinds has yellowed and looks awful.... The offwhite/vanes remain in great shape. Anyone know if you can get new plastic trim? Or have any thoughts on how to save the blinds, but, get rid of the problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plastic Trim edges on Headrail of Vertical Blinds

Paint....

o

If you can remove the trim pieces, you could spray paint them with a spray that works on plastic. If you can't remove them, you could still paint them, but it's a lot more work.

o

Go to Home Depot and check out their faux, or wood, cornices. They should offer a choice of styles and color.
I used one on the patio verticals in my previous home and loved how it gave them a finished look. My trim was white so I used a white cornice.

If you're handy, you can make a simple cornice with straight edges and cover it in fabric.

Here is a link that might be useful: Example

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here