|The small plastic trim on the top and bottom of the headrail of my vertical blinds has yellowed and looks awful.... The offwhite/vanes remain in great shape. Anyone know if you can get new plastic trim? Or have any thoughts on how to save the blinds, but, get rid of the problem?|
|If you can remove the trim pieces, you could spray paint them with a spray that works on plastic. If you can't remove them, you could still paint them, but it's a lot more work.|
|Go to Home Depot and check out their faux, or wood, cornices. They should offer a choice of styles and color. |
I used one on the patio verticals in my previous home and loved how it gave them a finished look. My trim was white so I used a white cornice.
If you're handy, you can make a simple cornice with straight edges and cover it in fabric.
Here is a link that might be useful: Example
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here