Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 14:41
|The small plastic trim on the top and bottom of the headrail of my vertical blinds has yellowed and looks awful.... The offwhite/vanes remain in great shape. Anyone know if you can get new plastic trim? Or have any thoughts on how to save the blinds, but, get rid of the problem?|
|If you can remove the trim pieces, you could spray paint them with a spray that works on plastic. If you can't remove them, you could still paint them, but it's a lot more work.|
|Go to Home Depot and check out their faux, or wood, cornices. They should offer a choice of styles and color. |
I used one on the patio verticals in my previous home and loved how it gave them a finished look. My trim was white so I used a white cornice.
If you're handy, you can make a simple cornice with straight edges and cover it in fabric.
Here is a link that might be useful: Example
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.