Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Water resistant glue for paper?

I know there are plenty of craft glues for paper, but I need something water or humidity resistant. I am gluing small tabs onto textured heavy card stock, that will hold hoop earrings. I sell my jewelry work at art fairs, outside. Under high humidity conditions, or getting rained on, the tabs fail and fall off as the glue re-hydates, and the weight of the earring pulls it off.

I have tried a couple of solvent based glues, but they are not viscous enough for the heavy paper, and also soak right in and fail to stick.

It should dry clear or milky, the brown foamy polyurethane solvent based glues ooze out and look terrible.

If water based, it does not have to be water PROOF, just not give up the ghost at the first sign of rain. What I need is high viscosity, not a spray, water resistant when dry.

I know these are a lot of requirements! I have tried looking at "This to That," but there is no information there for my conditions. I posted in Crafts and Hobbies, but that forum does not seem to be very active, and I know those who decorate are a very knowledgeable bunch! Thank you for your help.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz