|I know most people don't have enough closet space, but if you're willing to sacrifice a closet,here are some pretty nifty suggestions from apartmenttherapy. |
Here is a link that might be useful: uses for your closet
|That first one looks like a closet in this house. When we bought the house (foreclosure) there was a trundle bed in the closet with a shelf and closet rod over it like that.|
|Our previous home (100 yr old large Arts & Crafts) had huge closets in all the bedrooms. Two of the closets were 9X17. We didn't use those bedrooms, and guests certainly didn't need that much closet space. So one was turned into a bedroom for our grandsons (bunk beds), and the other I used as a sewing/craft room. Both closets had windows and it was a much better use of the space than leaving them with clothes rods and shelves with nothing in them.|
|My grandparents use an extra bedroom as a TV room and they have their desk in the closet in there. Granted, theirs isn't as pretty as your example. I always thought it was a neat idea since desks tend to get cluttered. My grandma just shuts the closet doors when she has unexpected guests. I also like that it doesn't take up space in her guest bedroom or formal living room, which is valuable in a small house.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here