Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would love to find.....

Posted by katlan (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 14:28

something like this. Not even sure how to search for it. I found it on someone's blog, they made this themself. Which is really amazing to me.
Now, does anyone know if a set similar to this can be purchased? If so, where?

Thanks! (PS cross posted in The Kitchen Table)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would love to find.....

Here is a link to the eBay page for provincial French furniture.

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay provincial French furniture

o

I kind of poked around the internet but didn't see anything similar - it may have been fashioned after an antique design or just a very clever woodworker. I was thinking you could probably find a cabinet maker to either restyle an existing chest you like, or build one from scratch.

I found this site (don't know anything about it, but it looks promising) where you post pics of what you want and the woodworkers there offer to build it for you (if you find someone interested). Look at the custommade.com website for the type of things their members make.

Here is a link that might be useful: Get it Made

o

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out both sites. I just think that thing is so cool, and functional. I don't think I would want it quite so ornate, but it's still fab.

o

Ah!
Now I understand.
It's not the provincial look you like - you are looking for a small flat file.

This one is likely a map chest, judging by its dimensions.

It's a piece designed to hold document sheets - every architect's and engineer's office, and many designer's studios (mine included) have them for storing drawings, blueprints, and any other large sheets, laid flat.

o

Here are a couple of mission/country styles (scroll down to bottom of page). I haven't seen one of those in years!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet with folding trays

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here