Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of mirror with this buffet?

Posted by gracie01 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 14:15

Have a very similar buffet, both in style and color, as well as a table and chairs. I had an ornate antique mirror over it, but it just wasn't "right". I think it looked "too stuffy". What would you suggest for this buffet?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/fuo/3141847578.html

Here is a link that might be useful: CL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of mirror with this buffet?

Just an example of a round mirror -- of course -- the exact size and shape really depends on the size of the buffet AND the decor in the rest of the room ....

Also -- if you wanted to add visual height -- then a tall rectanglar mirror would work -- along with a pair of sconces and/or additional small artworks on each side (again -- JUST examples ...)

And -- of course -- adding a lamp OR a pair of lamps on the buffet could change the choice of mirror too ....

Here is a link that might be useful: bellacor -- plain round mirror

o
RE: 2 What kind of mirror with this buffet?

Here's an example of a buffet (and mirror) -- there are more on designer Phoebe Howard's website -- might have some ideas there ....

Here is a link that might be useful: example of buffet

o

Thanks teacats; love the rectangular mirror! Will look for something in that direction. Wasn't sure if buffet lamps were still "in".

o

I bought the most beautiful mirror from Hudson River Inlay for over my sideboard.

o

hi gracie01 - what a great buffet to refurbish and use. a dining room by suzanne kasher immediately came to mind when i saw it - she loves to mix vintage with more modern pieces and it could work for you. no "buffet" lamps used here...just a pop of color from the vases. simple and elegant.
what do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: Suzanne Kasler Dining Room Inspiration

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here