Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Please vote for fabric for our new sofa cushions

lyfia
9 years ago

I know which ones are my favorites and what I want which for a change happened to coincide with my 5 year old daughters choice too (she is very opinionated about stuff like this). I still would like to hear what others have to say. àDH doesnâÂÂt care what the fabric is. Just cares the frame is leather and IâÂÂm cool with having that. Here is a pic of the sofa we are getting with the arms/back/sides in leather.àIt is a Paul Robert sofa called Brighton.

Note the color may not show the true color of the fabric or what they are laying on, but it should show whether they work together or not.

1. Velvet style that looks gray/blue/green depending on the light - 18% cotton/rest polyester, medium thickness, softer backing
2. Velvet style ��" that looks greige/gray/brownish depending on the light - 18% cotton/rest polyester, medium thickness, softer backing
3. Velvet style ��" a bluish green à- 18% cotton/rest polyester, medium thickness, softer backing
4. Not sure type of fabric, very soft/smooth, but short pile, with a herringbone type pattern ��" brownish goldish ��" 100% Polyester, very thin, and not really any backing like the velvet ones
5. Velvet style ��" a blue with grey undertones à- 100% Polyester, heavy weight, more stiff backing

The leather it will be paired with is close to the leather the fabric is laying on, so didnâÂÂt bother take pictures of the two different leather swatches IâÂÂm choosing between. All works well with either of them. I can provide pics of those swatches tonight if anybody wants to see.

Sorry meant to take a picture of the living room too, but forgot this morning. IâÂÂm including a pic of our recliners. The green you see in the background belongs to some chairs I don't have pic of, and the other item you see is above is our rug.

Edited to fix pictures

This post was edited by lyfia on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 14:49

Comments (12)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

I like the color of 4 the best but don't really see the pattern, on my screen it looks like a mottled brownish.
    What is the color of the actual fabric on the couch pictured?

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

I wouldn't put gray, blue, or green on a brown leather sofa.

This post was edited by LucyStar1 on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 16:43

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

# 4.....agree no blue, green or gray.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Definitely number four

• lyfia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I figured ya'll would say that. I've eliminated 3 and 5 and added another that I got confirmation today they had enough to make it.

Not using the leather or fabric shown from the store. Fabric was too scratchy and the leather color doesn't work in our house, we need more of a red tone.

The last 4 all have colors that match perfectly in our rug and the rug seems to go fine with the chairs to me.

These are the last contenders. I'm thinking since it is just cushions I can always redo them in a few years if I tire of them. Not having to redo the whole sofa.

Here's a close up of the two in the middle that have texture

And the cat has made her choice

This post was edited by lyfia on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 20:04

• lyfia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here are pics of my living area. At least the furniture is almost back in its correct location after blanket fort building.

This post was edited by lyfia on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 20:03

• lyfia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Think as a family we have picked our winner. This post has helped me think through it. Our daughter called it and we agree with her choices.

I'm still curious what y'all think.

We weren't really excited about any of the choices. I picked all the soft ones that at least didn't clash. Like my DH said none of them really do anything for me, but nothing is wrong with them either.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

See image below.

• lyfia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Beverly, but that wasn't an option in any of the fabrics we have to choose from. Only much darker ones and I think it will be too much brown with the much darker ones. Especially since I'm not a brown fan except for leather.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

I still go with the original number 4.

Do we get to know the choice?

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

I think that the light ones aren't practical for a family room sofa, esp. since they are solids. I would go with something darker.

• lyfia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The one we ended up selecting is the one shown with the leather piece on here. It is about the same darkness as the piece of the sectional we are using as a sofa. The other samples were of the same depth in color. Never felt they were too light, but donâÂÂt want to go much darker. IâÂÂm not a huge fan of dark stuff, but it seems that is all we end up with. The photos might make the colors appear lighter than they are.

Anyways it is moot at this point as IâÂÂll need to start over. The price jumped 2.5K as I was reviewing the order and found they hadnâÂÂt included leather as I had requested on the whole frame. That was discussed numerous times and I kept saying the whole frame. Although we could pay that, IâÂÂm not thrilled at going so far over with something IâÂÂm not 100% in love with and also have to wait at least 90 days if not more to get. So will start the search over again, of course with that IâÂÂll probably still not have a sofa 90 days from now.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!