Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlfrun66

Photos of your personal/home style

dlfrun66
9 years ago

I think it would be fun to see rooms from each persons own personal style. There is another thread going now that shows our inspiration styles or styles that we like but may not be able to incorporate into our own homes for now due to cost, function, etc.

Would love to see photos of rooms that you've personally decorated.

here's a link to some of my spaces.

http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/dinobambino/sgallery.esi

This post was edited by dinobambino on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 13:49

Comments (125)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I'm reluctant to post the same old pics yet again, but I suppose some haven't seen them.

Kitchen, bkfst nook, FR

Library

DR

BR nook

Guest room

Front facade

Rear facade

Under deck to the terrace

View from deck

• patricianat
    9 years ago

It's no wonder I hang out here, so many gorgeous homes: the larger the better; the smaller, the sweeter.

Your homes are all in my dreams and prayers, and I love all of them. Not one that I would not love to occupy at any given time.

Thank you all for inviting us into your beautiful homes. It's not an easy thing to undertake decorating and then inviting the world into your private homes.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

Oh Annie! That b.r. Nook with view of pond. Sigh.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Annie that BR nook looks so much like your inspiration picture on the other thread, you did an amazing job interpreting that in your own home!

• Phobie Privett
    9 years ago

Everyone homes are so LOVELY!!!!
    Right now, this is my style...freaking crazy. :) I have my entire house torn up re-decorating, re-arranging, etc. I think I must be re-"nesting"-My oldest daughter is about to go away to college. I suddenly hate everything that I've done decor-wise and want to change it all. SIGH.

• lovestowalk
    9 years ago

Such a fun thread. Sorry for the poor quality of my pictures but here goes ...
    Living Room

Entry

Ceiling in kitchen and Dining

Kitchen

• theclose
    9 years ago

Wow! Such pretty homes! So much to like about each one. Many of you have seen and helped me with our home. So grateful for this forum! Here are some pics that many have seen before (although I took some time today to update a few).

Front of house:

Living room:

Dining room:

Den:

Kitchen nook:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Thanks, kswl, but the inspiration pic came after the nook, not before. Go figure....chicken and egg I guess. The inspiration for the room, as in most rooms in my house, came first from the fabrics for the window treatments...I was buying the fabrics before we even had windows!

Someone on GW pointed out Phoebe Howard and I went and saw and liked. But that was after we already lived here for a couple of years.

• sas95
    9 years ago

Here are some of my pictures, though several have been posted before.

Front entry:

Living room:

Dining room:

Kitchen:

We turned the eat-in part of our kitchen into a coffee, read the paper and let-guests-have-some-wine-while-we-cook area.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

I have loved seeing all of these homes. Some I totally forgot who they belonged too.

This was my last house. It still needed a lot of work but we were slowly working on it. One fall I planted 1500 bulbs in that front bed to the right. It was nice, but I have never planted another bulb again!

We never did finish all the rooms, but these are a few rooms we did finish...

{{gwi:68063}}

Sometimes it is amazing what some paint can do...

before:

After:

Then we decided to downsize and have kids and this is the only room we have actually finished in the new house....

I am having a really hard time figuring out what to do with the rest of the house. Maybe I will get it together someday.

• theclose
    9 years ago

Boop, it is amazing what paint can do! May I ask about the bannister in your old home? Is that stained or painted? We painted ours and it chipped almost instantaneously (or so it seemed). Thinking we should strip and stain instead.

• cozyfarmhouse
    9 years ago

Everyone has such lovely homes! It's fun to see all the variety.

Here's a little snippet of my living room that pretty much shows my style and the colors that I use throughout the house. I like things simple and fairly minimal and use lots of natural materials and second hand finds. All floors are bare, windows are covered with muslin or lace panels hung from cast iron rods and antique blue mason jars (part of my dad's collection that my siblings and I helped dig from old homesteads as kids) line the windowsill. I aim for a really pared down casual country look that is easy to keep clean on our dusty pet filled farm.

• voila
    9 years ago

Fabulous pictures. So many talented and fortunate posters. You shamed me into posting quick, crooked, un-staged pictures.

• voila
    9 years ago

Family Room

• voila
    9 years ago

Living Room to Family Room.

• voila
    9 years ago

Kitchen

• voila
    9 years ago

Kitchen eating area.

• voila
    9 years ago

Grandma's old clock.

• voila
    9 years ago

Florida version of indoor pool.

This post was edited by voila on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 0:11

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

mamorella - I am madly in love with your living room! DId you have the sofa custom made?

We had that house about 3-4 years after we had the floor and banister painted.

Trying to find a better picture....

We had the floor upstairs (it was cheap parquet) and the banister painted. He used a BM Epoxy paint from what I remember. My husband said the guy said it was for boats, but I don't remember that part. I do remember he called BM (not the local store if I remember correctly) to find out what to use. It did take about two weeks to cure fully. After 1 week we could walk on it in socks.

We didn't wear shoes in the house often and that staircase was not used all the time (there were two staircases in the house and the other was closer so used more often) We did walk on the floor upstairs all the time though.

We had lots of issues with dust on that black floor, but no chipping. It held up very well and I would say looked brand new when we sold the house.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

So many lovely additions to this thread! I went back to enjoy it again and fell in love with PPS's library rug---- it is beautiful and so subtle! I can appreciate subtle although I cannot do it, lol.

I think one of the best things about this forum is the breadth of tastes and styles and the depth of experience in owning and decorating homes. The variety is astonishing---no "cookie cutter" houses here!

• vutaikt
    9 years ago

THE LIVING ROOM

Here is a link that might be useful: An Vien TV - The best TV

This post was edited by vutaikt on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 8:56

• Gooster
    9 years ago

It's so great to see so many of these wonderful spaces. The photos are further inspiration to help pull together my spaces (which is an ongoing battle as I update the remaining rooms). And thanks to everyone who has offered up advice when I've posted before. I had to wait until I had time this week to slowly scroll through this thread, and it was well worth it.

For something different, here's our industrial loft city space that serves as a pied-a-terre. We've been trying to inexpensively update the space and are now doing the whole airbnb thing. Thus, you'll likely see some of the stuff swapped out -- strange how a temporary placeholder lasts seven years. The one thing is we didn't go the full RH industrial route with this space.

main seating area

Work area --

I won't bother reposting the other home, which is more traditional. It is fun to be able to purchase things at opposite ends of the spectrum.

• loribee
    9 years ago

My gosh, continue to be inspired by this masterful melange of photos. I still say we need a jolly GW photo book!

You've seen mine many times...

We just finished our new patio out front, will have to snap a pic.

• finallyhome
    9 years ago

I gotta ask: Do you guys need to pick up before snapping these pictures? Or does your house look like this all the time?

Just beautiful. All of them, no matter the style.

• loribee
    9 years ago

Finallyhome: in my case, very careful editing, lol!

• allison0704
    9 years ago

There's a Brio train track set up on the main level guest room rug at the moment, that's been there since last weekend when DGS spent the night. DH puts his gigantic gym bag on the laundry counter, and has been known to hang clothes on the doorknob. It's just the two of us, and pets, so it pretty much stays picked up. When he's home, the island might has his computer, cord and dog leash on top. I'm a neat freak, everything that can be done before bedtime gets done so there's less to do in the morning. I've always been this way. :)

This post was edited by allison0704 on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 12:15

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Alison's home is what I would have destroyed myself and my budget dying to create. I love the style so much and it's so well done that I would try to recreate it going against my natural style. Love it so much Alison!

Nini -
    I love the exterior of your home! The crispness, the style, the white! Right up my alley! I wish I could pull of curtains like what you have in the DR. No such luck in mine!

finallyhome,

If you look close in most of my pics you will see a toy here and there. I pick up for pictures but it's usually such a mess that I miss something & I refuse to kill myself making my home look like something that it is not just for a picture. Often I will just shove the crap to the side out of camera view.

The pics that I posted of my LR are very sparse because I was preparing it for a picture for the sale of our home. I wanted to see what it would look like fully edited down.

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

Here's the place I sold at the end of 2012:

And here's the rental we lived in until our tenants moved out:

I think there is going to be a certain amount of consistency, no matter what the house or building looks like. And this is pretty much how the living areas are kept even though we use them every day. People thought the top picture was staged for sale, but it wasn't, that was it. We have a messy office area but it's concentrated in one spot.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Can pets play? Cat landing pad (and way to use up Farrow and Ball paint samples!)

• Patty C
    9 years ago

OK. Here goes. Not exactly what I'd choose if I had the budget to go out and buy everything in one shot, but it still feels pretty much like "me" and I feel happy when I come in the door.

Foyer

Living room / family room. We only have one room for both.

Master bedroom

Guest bath / my private retreat

• sixtyohno
    9 years ago

This has been a lazy weekend for us. Reading, movies, cooking, but we have not picked up or pruned or done any other tasks. We have been married a very long time, traveled and gathered things we like. Almost all our furniture comes from yard sales, used stores, friends and auctions. I found the living room chairs outside a consignment shop in 1974 and recently had them reupholstered for the 2nd time with fabric I found on ebay. DH is the photographer and a fine pianist. We really enjoy our house and our things. I can't show the bedroom because it is strewn with laundry that has to be folded and put away. My least favorite task.
    More after Bonnieann

This post was edited by sixtyohno on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 18:57

• bonnieann925
    9 years ago

Fun thread! It's so nice to see the various styles, all so different and reflective of home styles throughout the country. Here's our LR last Christmas. The drop-leaf gateleg table to the right of the fireplace belonged to my late parents. We open it up for an intimate fire-side dinner in the winter. The curio belonged to my Mom and has many of her treasured pieces in it. So many good memories!

• sixtyohno
    9 years ago

I finally figured it out. I have to upload from photobucket.

Now with the rug.

Just in case you haven't seen my kitchen a thousand times.

and finally, this is me recolored by DH

• allison0704
    9 years ago

Aw, thank you, TheFoxesPad! I feel like I could just move into your house (and Pals, and several more!) and be comfortable too.

Have enjoyed seeing everyone's homes, even those seen before.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

I am late to the party, but I think almost everyone has seen my pics anyway :)

• voila
    9 years ago

Peacamp. your home is so inviting and happy! No wonder it feels good to come home.

• theclose
    9 years ago

More pretty pics! Love them all.

Boop, thanks so much. It think our mistake was using the same paint we used for the interior doors. Oh well. Live and learn. We have only been here a little over a year and the bannister and many doors should be redone. They never fully cured as we didn't have time before move in so many of our doors have rubbed/chipped where it meets the frame. I just try not to look! I will look into the BM epoxy. I can imagine it is marine grade, as your DH remembers. I wanted that for our front door but ended up with BM Grand Entrance. It is fine but we will have to get a new front door in a couple of years so I will redo it properly then.

As for the couch, I bought it on a whim online at Chairish, a high end online consignment. The living room was the only room we didn't have furniture for. We saw these and thought they would be kitschy and fun for a while. The price was right so we got them. I really like them and am in no rush to change them out. The fabric is Schumacher and according to the listing was taken out of retirement for the PO of the couch.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

Wow what a thread. Here's a corner of my living area/family room

• nancybee_2010
    9 years ago

sixty ohno- Wonderful house!! I love, love your green velvet sofas.

• lakeaffect
    9 years ago

peacamp, are you the artist of all your colorful and beautiful paintings?

sandyponder

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Updated decor with new sofas -

• demifloyd
    9 years ago

Wow, enjoyed seeing so many lovely homes, something to love in each one--so many reflective obviously of personalities and lives!

• Oakley
    9 years ago

Kellyeng, did you change screen names to Magdalena? I had to do a double take at the last picture because we helped you with the room. lol

Your house is very inviting!

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

Not, my house, but my parents' time capsule. Dated, a little stiff--although we use it a lot--but I still find it completely pleasant and not as dated as it could be since it was furnished 45 years ago and some of the upholstery is original to then and some is from about 1987. It has definitely had an influence on my viewpoint:

(I think it's kind of unfortunate that mirrors like that were reproduced in every form including 100% plastic at the time of the Bicentennial. It's a genuine 19th c. girandole, but in pictures it looks a bit trite)
    {{!gwi}}

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Peacamp--Those are indeed charming.
    Magdalena--I knew I recognized that warm Texas home!
    Love seeing all these spaces.

• MagdalenaLee
    9 years ago

Oak & Kitchen - I was wondering if anyone would recognize my house - made me feel special!

I changed my screen name a few months back. Sometimes you just need to change things up . . .

• Oakley
    9 years ago

Magdalena, I've thought about doing the same thing. I'm tired of Oakley. lol

DelawareDonna, I love your room. I've always wanted to do this but my house doesn't have two windows like yours. Have you thought about putting a Boston Fern in front of each window with matching plant stands?

• 293summer
    9 years ago

Love seeing everyone's homes, they're so beautiful.

Question for TheFoxesPad ~ Love, love your mudroom! I've seen the taller photo in your mudroom photo before with the tree and fench. Would you be able tell me the artist?

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler