|I'm giving a link to a job we did just as example to the common posts about panels. These are non-functioning, used to dress up the room, and although custom, gives a good idea of size and scale for those of you with similar situations. The 1 1/4" rod is two 7 ft poles with a splice. It does go a few inches outside the windows on each end. The curtains are 2 single width panels and the center is 1 1/2 width panel. I know many are opposed to panels that don't appear to open and close. By using an upgraded lining, it does help keep panels from looking too wimpy, and the savings in the extra fabric it would have taken to use these as privacy would have been more than double. The clients had the white blinds in place before we arrived. The length of the curtains is 96".
The house is new, the old one was blown away last year in the tornado we had in May. I think it's pretty typical for many of the homes in our area, and many that I have seen posted here.
|I swear, the optional URL didn't show up when I first posted. Here's the easy way:|
Here is a link that might be useful: Actual clickable link
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here