Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 13:30
|After searching for months, we finally found two sconces I love, and DH agreed on. This search was painstaking! They are to hang above the fireplace on the wood surround. We had installed basic outlets for the wiring. We ordered the Lugarno sconces from Restoration Hardware. They arrived, and we went to put them up. Instead of being the 6 1/4 inches wide that was advertised on the website (and still is after calling and letting them know the measurements were wrong), they are only 4 5/8. Unfortunately, the back portion does not completely cover the boxes. We can return them (at their expense), but I just absolutely love them. Ripping the outlets out is not an option. We found a plate that we can put behind them, but we cannot find a spray paint to match (satin nickel). Does anyone have any ideas. This is making me crazy. Thanks in advance for any and all help.|
|What about a wooden "plate" that you could paint the same color as the wall.....|
|I was going to suggest wood as well. You could also get those small medallions they sell at the hardware store (usually near the ceiling fan hardware). Your fixture then installs right over it. Paint the medallion the color of the wall or trim, depending on your preference, before installing the fixture.|
|How about spray painting the plate black?|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here