Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tan wall color w/ whitewashed brick, help!

Posted by hydrangeaG0714 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 13:23

I am trying to decide on a tan wall color, for my living room. Right now, the fireplace is whitewashed, & I love it, that will remain as is. My sectional sofa is a dark chocolate brown, & I have dark hardwood floors. I know I'd like a tan wall color. I have SW Kilim beige in other rooms, and my kitchen is SW latte. I have attached a pic showing the current wall color (too dark!) and the fireplace brick color. I am strongly considering BM Lenox tan, Manchester tan, shaker beige, possibly revere pewter (I like how it appears in photos, am not familiar with it, personally) or Bennington gray, just because it also appears tan in photos. I am absolutely positive I want a tan shade, something light, to open up this room. The dark taupe (? I have no idea the exact name of current shade) is way too dark, and I love the look of dark chocolate brown, paired with tan (my kitchen cabinets are an espresso brown, with SW latte wall color, Love!) honestly, the whitewashed fireplace is throwing me a little. I welcome suggestions for any paint brand, doesn't have to be SW or BM. THank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tan wall color w/ whitewashed brick, help!

i too am struggling to find a tan color for the foyer and upper hallways of a house we're moving to... i want to use SW and am leaning towards Row House Tan, but i keep thinking it isn't quite clear/sharp enough or something... i want it to be quite light, and not too yellow or green or pink or orange... thought macadamia or nomadic desert might work, but they don't look quite right either in that house... :(

o

Lovely beige color -- very very neutral in tone .....

Here is a link that might be useful: BM -- Carrington Beige HC-93

o

Below is a BM color and it's a true tan. I've used it often and it goes so well with whites and creams. I love the name too, Inner Balance.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM inner balance

o

Sorry I am looking a a perfect tan for my laundry room and I'm stumped too.

Would you consider a color - SW Quitetude? I have it in a room with dark hardwoods and it's lovely. It might be a nice contrast to your floors and furniture.

o

I have Bennington Gray in my kitchen and family room- it's green, tan, and gray, depending on lighting and what is around it. It looks great with my dark green sofa, darker wood furniture, a chocolate brown paint (BM Barista) and even with the SW Brick Paver in the next room.

o

How about Sanderling SW7513. It's more "tan" than your wall color and I don't see any undertones in it. I think it would work well with your brick.

o

Look at BM edgecomb gray too. I think you will need to sample some of them. All great colors.

o

Another possibility, light and airy, Natural Essentials

Here is a link that might be useful: Natural color

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here