Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
housewifenhappy

Tan wall color w/ whitewashed brick, help!

housewifenhappy
9 years ago

I am trying to decide on a tan wall color, for my living room. Right now, the fireplace is whitewashed, & I love it, that will remain as is. My sectional sofa is a dark chocolate brown, & I have dark hardwood floors. I know I'd like a tan wall color. I have SW Kilim beige in other rooms, and my kitchen is SW latte. I have attached a pic showing the current wall color (too dark!) and the fireplace brick color. I am strongly considering BM Lenox tan, Manchester tan, shaker beige, possibly revere pewter (I like how it appears in photos, am not familiar with it, personally) or Bennington gray, just because it also appears tan in photos. I am absolutely positive I want a tan shade, something light, to open up this room. The dark taupe (? I have no idea the exact name of current shade) is way too dark, and I love the look of dark chocolate brown, paired with tan (my kitchen cabinets are an espresso brown, with SW latte wall color, Love!) honestly, the whitewashed fireplace is throwing me a little. I welcome suggestions for any paint brand, doesn't have to be SW or BM. THank you!

Comments (8)