Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this chair dated? Passe? or OK

Posted by lyban (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 12:59

What do you think of this chair and Ottoman? Is this completed dated, passe? It is a reclinable chair.
It would be for a LR and is comfortable.
Thanks for any opinions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this chair dated? Passe? or OK

It looks like a knock-off of the Ekornes Stressless chairs. Those chairs have always said "1970's hippie" to me. But they are SO comfortable and I can see the appeal. Particularly with some of their newer designs and colors. In the right setting.

I think the one in your picture doesn't have quite the same look, because of the black leather. It would need to work well in your room and not stand out as a contemporary freak in a room designed completely differently. The advantage is that it is much smaller than a traditional clup chair and ottoman, and can easily be shifted around if need be.

And I should admit that I'm biased against black leather. It might be totally unreasonable, but I just don't like it, and refuse to have it even in a car. Maybe it's because anything cheap and leather is always black. Like cheap office chairs.

o

If it's important to you to have a recliner in your home, that one is at least a little more streamlined and modern looking than most.

o

I always imagine a psychiatrist sitting in those chairs....

o

I think a lot depends on what the rest of the room looks like. With the right stuff it can look kinda funky.

o

It is what it is. It isn't meant to be high fashion. If I bought it, I would darken the wood to a brownish-black. I have two of the Ekornes chairs in my living room.

o

Well that is interesting,I had never heard of Ekornes before. There is another one on my CL in green leather. anyone like this one better.

o

PLease vote, which one is nicer of the two I posted.

o

I think that a green leather chair would limit your decor choices more than a black one.

o

Black. To me, the green leather looks very fake, the black leather it was harder to tell....

o

I like the tighter upholstery on the black one. The green one is too puffy (for me). And I think that color green is a bit dated. In a perfect world, there would be on on CL in a nice medium brown. But that's not going to happen!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ekornes Stressless chairs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here