Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with shades or blinds

Posted by Hoosierbred (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 12:36

We moved into our new home a week ago. Two guest bedrooms are in the front of the house. I'd like some privacy for these bedrooms. Prefer not using curtains in these bedrooms. I'm open to blinds or shades. Suggestions?

This is the daybed bedroom with windows facing south out the front of the home.

photo IMG_5142_zpsb423529b.jpg

This is the queen bedroom which has one window facing south (front of home) and one facing west.

photo IMG_5141_zps2103518d.jpg

photo IMG_5140_zps9e707dbd.jpg

Here are the bedrooms from outside the home. Excuse all the piles of dirt/mud and weeds. We haven't had our final grade or landscaping done yet.

photo IMG_5143_zps6b5b8a40.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with shades or blinds

I had Bamboo Roman shades installed when I moved in. I think mine are the darker walnut, but there are other color selections. They're easy to install also, but my son hung mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: shades

o

I always consider the window coverings from outside, preferring the look to be uniform across the front if possible.

o

The only other windows along the front are three windows in the garage. They are identical to the one bedroom with the triple windows. I wasn't planning on putting window coverings on the garage windows. Or should I?

o

Top-down/Bottom-up shades.

Here is a link that might be useful: Top-down shades

o

If you are ever planning on allowing children in your home do NOT use top down. Big time strangling hazard. Yes, there have been some safety features added but I sure would not recommend these and I sell blinds!

o

That's if there is a crib by the windows, CanadianLori, and there aren't in her rooms. And just put those little plastic wing things on each side of the window to wrap the cord up.

o

I would put just cell shades that would fit inside the window itself, perhaps a neutral beige. The windows are beautiful and the frames are worth showing off rather than hiding.

Congratulations, your new home is beautiful!

o

I would consider roller shades. Here is an example of sprucing them up.

o

i would probably do the same in each room, but wouldn't worry about the garage...
i would put either roman shades or pleated shades in the windows- depends on the look you want- roman shades are more decorative, pleated shades can disappear into almost nothing.
i personally love top down shades in bathrooms, but like bottom up only in all other rooms--- i would probably feel differently if i lived in an urban setting...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here