Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_smallhome

For Allison:

organic_smallhome
15 years ago

I seem to remember that you have a Karastan Windsor rug? If I'm remembering correctly, would you mind posting a photo of it in your home? I think it's beautiful.

Comments (17)

• allison0704
    15 years ago

I do - I have two actually. Three if you count the small on by the french doors in MBR. I purchased the two for the MBR and bought one for the great room, but it didn't work out there. It's now in DS guest room on the lower level. The colors change - more or less - as the rugs get larger. DS rug reads a different color than the one in the MBR, which reads blue.

DS guest room:

Will take picture/post one of the MBR shortly. Mom just called and is 2 minutes from the house.

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love it. Will check back later to see the other photos. Thank you. :)

• allison0704
    15 years ago

The one above is an 8x10 - it has the red borders.

The MBR rug is 5x7 - it does not have red borders. Dog would not get out of range. :D Taken with flash, so I'll post two. It is overcast today and we have tinted window film in our room. Not the best day to be taking photos!

• IdaClaire
    15 years ago

As my 3-year old nephew would say, "Chick-a-WOW-wow!" Those are gorgeous!

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to do this. I really just love this rug, in either incarnation. :)

• amysrq
    15 years ago

Hey OSH, I have one, too. It is indestructible, but I guess you know that already. Alas, no good photos and it is in storage right now.

• allison0704
    15 years ago

Thanks, AJ, and you're welcome, OSH.

You cannot kill a Karastan, that's for sure.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Beautiful rug and an even more beautiful pup.

• allison0704
    15 years ago

Thanks on both. He's not spoiled....much. ;)

• lindybarts
    15 years ago

Awwwwwwwwwww! What a sweetie pie! Oh the rug is fab too! LOL!

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Allison: Another question, please. :)

What kind of fabrics did you use to coordinate with this rug? The fabric I had in mind for pillows isn't the right one. I'm thinking just solid pillow covers for the sofabed to pick up on colors in the rug, or tribal pillow covers. So I'm just curious about your choices, if you don't mind sharing.

I love the rug. :)

• flyingflower
    15 years ago

You can't get much cuter than a dog sleeping on a pillow!

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

flyingflower: No, you cannot. :)

• allison0704
    15 years ago

He is cute. :D

OSH, in the MBR I have a RL comforter/shams (no longer made) called Damask Landing. There are a few samples of it on ebay. Only other furniture with fabric is a wicker sofa which has a silk in the tan(ish) color.

In the lower level bedroom, I used solid bedding from Peacock Alley (which have also been discontinued) in a gold/yellow and a terracotta. I had a friend make a really wide pillow (like a lumbar pillow on steroids) that goes from one side to the other. It's a fox/hound print material I purchased on ebay. :-/ Not much help!

For curtains, I used the Belgian Linen from Restoration Hardware - Straw in the MBR (more golden) and Flax in the Guest room (more tan). They have pillows in the Belgian Linen currently on sale. Linked below, but you can see fabric swatches in the drapery section:

http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod70035&navCount=4

When I had the rug in the great room, I was on the look out for "rug" pillows but never found anything I liked/that went well.

Here is a link that might be useful: RH Pillows

• organic_smallhome
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Allison. Plain linen might be the way to go for pillows. Now I just have to decide on the colors! Thanks again. :)

• patricianat
    15 years ago

Plain linen would look fabulous in your very classic and classy home.

Allison, you are missed.

• allison0704
    15 years ago

You're welcome. I love that RH has the large samples you can purchase for $5 and return. I bought 4, returned 3 and bought 2 more before deciding on curtain panels. There's an RH coupon code floating around in Decorating too. Don't know if you can use it on sale prices.