Posted by nosoccermom (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 12:15

Maybe someone else wants it?

Here is a link that might be useful: CL find

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CL find --- but where would I use it

Oh mdm, that is GORGEOUS!

Honestly, I'd make a bathroom sink out of it.

o

That would make a great dry bar or baking station or potting bench.

This post was edited by Fun2BHere on Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 12:35

o

No baking here, but a dry bar might be a good idea. Or maybe in the dining room?

Sink sounds great, too, but I don't think I'm handy enough, not to mention that I need more space to hide junk....

So, it's a yes?

o

It's definitely a yes.

o

It has a crack.

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 9:56

o

My first thought was dry bar. My second thought was use it in the dining room. I'm not sure it will be tall enough for those uses however. The ad said 37" high and if that is to the top of the back, the table top surface might be too low. In event, it is a cool looking piece and for that price surely you can find a great spot for it!

o

As a vanity?

o

Could even use it for books, using those wood end piece thingies kind of like bookends. Know what I mean?

Sideboard, bar setup, entry table?

I love it.

o

~I would put it in my front entrance. Too bad I'm so far away.

o

Buy it now!!! You'll find a great use for it in so many rooms!! The bar idea or entry table are great ones!!

o

It's 30" high, i.e. table height to the top surface, and additional 7" for that marble back. I guess that makes it too low for a dining room sideboard or as dry bar? Better as a vanity, but I don't wear make-up :)

o

Absolutely gorgeous, crack or no crack. Great price. I'd be tempted to grab it and then decide where to put it, IF, it fit the style of my home.

o

Buy it now!!!!

How about a vanity to apply make up? Or a nightstand.

o

If you have room, put it in a bathroom to hold towels, TP, whatever. Those side rungs are also great for holding a towel or towels, and it wold be very pretty in a bathroom.

Or in a ktichen, kitchen towels on the side, cookbooks along the top….

o

@justgotabme

What style does it fit? I like casual, contemporary, uncluttered with some antiques thrown in.

o

I'm short so it would work perfectly for almost any use for me. 30" is table height; my sideboard is only 30". I don't mind the crack, but I'd negotiate the price down a bit, say to $150? Unfortunately, I'm too far away. :-(

o

Perfect for a bar!

I would add a shelf across the stretcher bar -- and then add dark woven baskets to sit on the new shelf to hold bottles .....

Use the small cupboards to hold a basic assortment of old-fashion-size glasses and a selection of small bottles of mixers like tonic water .....

Then add a tray on one side to hold the ice bucket -- and a small cutting board for slicing up lemons and limes.

And a tall thin lamp on the right-hand side .....

o

Ohhhh, I love it! We never have good things on our CL.

o

COFFEE station!

WANT!!!!!!

o

Coffee station is a good idea, except I'd be very nervous about coffee spills on marble, no?

o

That marble has so much patina, that coffee (or wine) will not bother it. That is beautiful, aged marble... lovely. Great price.

I'd use it as an accent piece now, and then later incorporate it into my future unfitted kitchen.

You *might* be able to attach casters to the bottom to make it a portable bar (and give it another couple of inches in height).

o

Holly-kay, I'm in Chicagoland, and our CL is so disappointing, too! Mostly old Lazy-Boy recliners and used office furniture.

o

OK, I'll look at it tomorrow.

The thing with CL in my area is that there are real gems, and then there are people who have the idea that if they bought a piece of furniture at Macy's for 300.00 some 20 years ago, it should sell now for 280.00.

o

nosoccermom, I'm not sure of the style of this piece, I just know it wouldn't fit into the view I have for our home.
Though our newish home is Queen Anne in style (Victorian Revival) with wide stained woodwork, I find I much prefer the "cleaner" lines of modern and especially MCM furniture. I grew up with it and have always loved it. I've slowly been buying pieces over the years as I find them. It's just now they are easier to find, as those from that era are passing on and their children don't care for it.
Oops! I missed your comment just before mine. I agree. So many think everything they own is worth so much more than it really is.

This post was edited by justgotabme on Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 19:08

o

I'm with you on that one Peony4, the items on our CL are items I would be putting out at the end of our lane with a "Free" sign attached!

o

I really like it but i am a bit confused by the photo. It looks like it was lifted from a catalog.

o

It has been up for auction in a local auction house, and on ebay.

o

Maybe the crack is worse in person, if it's not sold yet. Can you go see it?

o

They just bought it at local auction for 125.00.

o

Ah, I see, they are trying to make some money off of it. If they don't sell it right away, you might get a better deal then.

o

Still don't know where to put it, so haven't gone to see it yet. It's quite a drive for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here