Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmagoo

Washer/Dryer-recommend?

msmagoo
9 years ago

Recently, we rented a home at the beach. Surprisingly, the home had top end(not cheap) appliances. The washer was a huge top load, we were able to get every towel in the house in there! The dryer looked was great too. Although my units still work, I hate them! The spin cycle always leaves towels feeling wetter than I think they should and the dryer doesn't seem to sense whether the clothes are dry like it should. Can someone recommend a mid to upper end set that they love? I would really like to get something big enough to handle comforters, etc.
Thanks,

Comments (9)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Why not get the same ones your rental had?

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I have an LG top loader with "wave force technology" and dryer and am happy with them so far...2 1/2 years. The stainless steel tub is large with no agitator. I can fit a king size comforter with no problem.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

I hated my front loader for so long and it finally started giving us trouble so rather than even attempt to fix it, we immediately bought a new top loader. We got the LG model that joanie has and I love it. I can fit twice as much stuff in it, and it doesn't smell or have balance issues like our other machine did. We've only had it for a couple of months, though, so I can't comment on long-term performance!

• lascatx
    9 years ago

My sister has the LF top loader without an agitator and I have hte front loader LG. We are both happy. I love how much mine holds, spins them dryer than the top loader I had ever did and washes comforters, sleeping bags, quilts, a set of queen sheets and one king set.

• tinam61
    9 years ago

Another top loader here and I LOVE my washer/dryer. Fisher Paykel - I'm guessing we've had them around 5 years now. Honestly, I would do a commercial for the company.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

What did they have at the rental?

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Bosch, seven years, going strong. The wash cycle is long but with a spin cycle at 1000 RPMS, clothes come out of the wash practically dry. Ten minutes in the dryer is usually all that is needed.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I have a Kenmore Elite top loader HE machine and matching dryer. Hubby wanted to buy me a new front loader set for years, both the old ones still worked, but I kept putting him off saying they clean and dry our clothing so I'm fine.
    I'm glad I waited, because so much of what I heard on this board was so many not liking their front loaders.
    No mater what you buy, it could be worth waiting until Black Friday. Sears has amazing deals every Black Friday.

• Tmnca
    9 years ago

Love our LG washer with steam - it's front loader although if you have the space (don't need stacked) the top loads sound amazing. We have a plain old Hotpoint dryer - last home we had matching LG's but this time I went cheap on the dryer... it dries but it has no insulation in it so it sounds so LOUD even without zippers or buckles! It's in our upstairs hall so the dryer noise is an issue. It doesn't have anything fancy but the humidity sensor seems to work fine. If it ever burns out I'll probably get an LG to match washer but it will probably last forever.