Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Different paint to highlight furniture better

Posted by oopsie913 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 11:53

Hi. The ceiling is litchfield gray and crown is white dove which i wont change. The walls are davenport tan (i really wanted a this type of darker shade in here) which look ok against the ceiling and white painted furniture but looks bland and muddy against the antique furniture. Can anyone suggest another color? My pics are purposely ugly looking for your viewing. Lol. Rest of house is in shades from the white dive swatch and willow creek. Thanks for any help.

This post was edited by oopsie913 on Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 12:00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
More pics

Dewes@ charter.net

o
RE: Different paint to highlight furniture better

Another view.

o
Nother view

That should be enough. ?

o
Better view maybe

Dewes@charter.net

o

I would use a darker grey than your ceiling. Put touches of black around such as picture frames, curtain rods, etc.

o

If you are wanting to show off the woods of your furniture, always use green and any green will work. All woods and all greens work together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here