Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1stdibs Founder's Home

Posted by anele (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 11:49

Interesting to see how much restraint is shown, given the access that he has . . .esp. since he has plenty of room. His house is 14K sq ft!

Here is a link that might be useful: From Mark D Sikes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1stdibs Founder's Home

It's a beautiful home - my favorite thing is the kitchen island.

o

It's really lovely and very staged.

o

I don't think its staged at all - look at the picture of the owner -- he fits right in.

o

Very pretty!

o

Interesting.

o

He looks about as comfortable as his home.

o

That's some astounding furniture he has there!

It's sparse, every piece is top-notch, and it is carefully staged to show off the house and the furniture. And obviously a neatnik lives there.

o

I want tusks!

o

lol sjhockey.

What is the deal with the dogs? They look completely confused. And the shadows seem weird. Are they photoshopped in to make the room look homey?

o

I'm completely addicted to 1stDibs. Bravo to the boss.

o

Is there a hip, working designer here who can explain the desire for this positioning.? I don't hate it, I just find it odd...oh, maybe that's
It's purpose.

o

Did anyone notice that his one decorative pillow which is on the bed is not karate chopped (see thread on karate chopped pillows)?

o

That website is the devil. Its full of wonderful pieces that cost more than our house.

*Ahem* Never the less, I love every single piece of furniture in those rooms. Everything is completely unique. And despite the fact that I normally don't like white walls, I think they present the furniture here. It is kinda like a show room. But its awesome anyways. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here