Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Please Quick opinion! Too busy?

jterrilynn
9 years ago

Do you think this buffet/media cabinet too busy with my mix? I'm on my way to see it now, husband already had a look and likes it ok. Although I'm trying "still" to blend this open plan (see kitchen cabinets in background ) I'm wondering if it clashes with rugs. The doors have smoked glass. Cabinet would go on wall in lb living room.

KITCHEN CABINET in background of open plan.

Comments (7)

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Looks like a great fit with your room and you can always change out the glass. Can you take a cabinet door with you to see the two wood tones together?

• louislinus
    9 years ago

Oh I like it a lot!

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, I'm still on my way... Just hope all the patterns are not too much with the layered rugs.. About the smoked glass, I sort of like that part because it jives with some of the other things in the open plan like the Fred Flintstone fireplace.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Follow up! Got a deal so I bought it. I'm not sure if I could find something that would work better in the mix. I will be making some changes to the gold metal, it is a metal with a coating. Not sure if its brass underneath the shiny but it will not stay like that. I 'm getting the top redone so will not be bringing it home yet. Will do a follow up :)

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I liked the brass because I thought it related back to your coffee table, no?

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

I'd keep the brass. It's characteristic of that sort of furniture.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Fun and Pal, yes I like brass and even shiny brass to a point. The 80âÂÂs side tables that I made into a bunching coffee table set are shiny real brass but I keep them and like them with a patina. I only use brass cleaner sporadically so it does not look too shiny (in person). The cabinet appears to be made fairly well with wood and veneer over wood in parts and solid wood shelving and drawers inside. What I had hoped was brass trim around the smoked glass, well, IâÂÂm not sure what it is yet. It is metal but the gold stuff does not look brassy as much as it looks like a lacquered gold. IâÂÂm not keen on that. At first I thought maybe it was high shined with brass cleaner but on closer inspection that is not the case (but I could be wrong). Other than that and getting the top redone I do not think I could find something better to work in my $ range. However, I think I will take your advice and leave the gold look for now.

Next on the agenda is finding the obscure living room corner chair that will jive with the dining chairs on opposite corner of house in open plan. Whey!

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012