Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Painting a mirror (advice for the noncrafty)

Boopadaboo
9 years ago

I would like to paint this mirror...

-

I have been schlepping it around from an estate sale apt for many many years and have never hung it once. it is time to do something with it or get rid of it :)

I had a kind of fancy mirror in my entryway that just doesn't fit with the house. I am getting rid of that along with a fancy framed picture. I would like to hang this mirror in its place.

I will be painting the entry area an off white (if I can ever decide on that color) and I have the lighter curtains pictured here thrown over the rod:

on the front door and the entry to the Living room. I also have these rugs. which I could take or leave on the floor....

In case it matters the hall tree is not there anymore. Neither is the marble table.

I am trying to lighten things up some. My idea is to paint the mirror white? then have the kids and I paint and or stamp it.

My question is this - does white spray paint make sense for the base? What kind of paints or stamps would you use for the colors? Do hand prints sound better? I want it to be a fun silly piece. Any input on the colors I should use over the white?

thanks for any input!

Comment (1)