Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emma_taylor1224

Show me your brown sofas, please

Upholstered or leather, including wall color and window treatments. I need inspiration! TIA

Comments (19)

• mclarke
    14 years ago

This is my sofa, on the website where I first saw it and fell in love.

I still love it. If I were single I would marry it.

{{!gwi}}

• nhb22
    14 years ago

Here is a brown sofa on CL. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Brown couch

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Here is my brown leather sofa....with a mix of upholstered chairs. The leather works for us with kids & 3 dogs. Coffee table out of old reclaimed wood & iron is in the works for the leather ottoman to slide under (our old sofa wasn't as dark but we love putting our feet up on the ottoman)
    {{!gwi}}

Smiles:)

• texashottie
    14 years ago

Scooby, what beautiful taste you have!

• Boopadaboo
    14 years ago

My pics come out so dark.

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mcclarke, do you have a pic of your sofa in your house?

• oceanna
    14 years ago

Gracie, did you look in the living rooms threads in our Gallery? There are hundreds of inspirational pics in there for you.

• loribee
    14 years ago

Beautiful rooms!

Here's mine...
    It's old, broken and needs to be replaced, LOL.
    The good thing about it is that I treat the brown as a neutral and use what I want with it. Currently have a sisal rug, french vanilla walls, olive patterned drapes,
    2 leather recliners and hubby's patterned recliner. Hope this helps~

• ttodd
    14 years ago

I don't have a good pic of my brownish/ moss sofa in it's current setting but here is one of our brown leather chairs:

• mclarke
    14 years ago

Mcclarke, do you have a pic of your sofa in your house?

Oh, but that is my house! White walls, white rug.... LOL, I will take a photo this afternoon and post it.

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Texashottie, that certainly is a compliment coming from YOU!!

Boopadoo, I am loving those beams in your room & the painting over your FP.

Loribee - I love seeing pics of your home.....so peaceful & relaxing. Those leather chairs are awesome.

Ttodd - I love seeing your house, too - you have such a way of putting items together & I love how you change things around!! (you wear me out, girl!!)

• pamelas_kitchen
    14 years ago

Here's mine.
    {{!gwi}}couch

• parma42
    14 years ago

"Ttodd - I love seeing your house, too - you have such a way of putting items together & I love how you change things around!! (you wear me out, girl!!)"

Now that's a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. :)

Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to ALL of you for posting. That's just what I wanted to see -- each of you has different colored walls with brown furniture, and they all work and look wonderful. Now I need to decide on my own color. Thanks again.

• mclarke
    14 years ago

Hey gracie -- my sofa in situ, as promised. Sorry, no way to get a good angle on it...

My walls are Lenox tan.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks mcclarke; beautiful room.

• saltnpeppa
    14 years ago

Why, Parma (in a perfect drawn out Southern' drawl) just what are you trying to say, my dear??!! Little ole' me?? Obsessive? Compulsive??

Let's just say it's a good thing my paint is flat & spackle is my new BFF ;)

What a wonderful sofa, Mclarke!

• jlj48
    14 years ago

Mclarke - love your fireplace and bookshelves. Any chance you can post more photos of that room? I don't mean to hijack, perhaps on a new thread? Thank you!

• mclarke
    14 years ago

Oh, thanks, Joanie! I don't want to hijack the thread... but here's a photo of the fireplace at Halloween, which shows the fireplace and the bookshelves...

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County