Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your brown sofas, please

Posted by gracie01 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 5, 09 at 11:48

Upholstered or leather, including wall color and window treatments. I need inspiration! TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your brown sofas, please

This is my sofa, on the website where I first saw it and fell in love.

I still love it. If I were single I would marry it.

o

Here is a brown sofa on CL. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Brown couch

o

Here is my brown leather sofa....with a mix of upholstered chairs. The leather works for us with kids & 3 dogs. Coffee table out of old reclaimed wood & iron is in the works for the leather ottoman to slide under (our old sofa wasn't as dark but we love putting our feet up on the ottoman)

Smiles:)

o

Scooby, what beautiful taste you have!

o

Photobucket

My pics come out so dark.

o

Mcclarke, do you have a pic of your sofa in your house?

o

Gracie, did you look in the living rooms threads in our Gallery? There are hundreds of inspirational pics in there for you.

o

Beautiful rooms!

Here's mine...
It's old, broken and needs to be replaced, LOL.
The good thing about it is that I treat the brown as a neutral and use what I want with it. Currently have a sisal rug, french vanilla walls, olive patterned drapes,
2 leather recliners and hubby's patterned recliner. Hope this helps~

Photobucket

o

I don't have a good pic of my brownish/ moss sofa in it's current setting but here is one of our brown leather chairs:

Photobucket

o

Mcclarke, do you have a pic of your sofa in your house?

Oh, but that is my house! White walls, white rug.... LOL, I will take a photo this afternoon and post it.

o

Texashottie, that certainly is a compliment coming from YOU!!

Boopadoo, I am loving those beams in your room & the painting over your FP.

Loribee - I love seeing pics of your home.....so peaceful & relaxing. Those leather chairs are awesome.

Ttodd - I love seeing your house, too - you have such a way of putting items together & I love how you change things around!! (you wear me out, girl!!)

o

Here's mine.

couch

o

"Ttodd - I love seeing your house, too - you have such a way of putting items together & I love how you change things around!! (you wear me out, girl!!)"

Now that's a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. :)

o

Thanks to ALL of you for posting. That's just what I wanted to see -- each of you has different colored walls with brown furniture, and they all work and look wonderful. Now I need to decide on my own color. Thanks again.

o

Hey gracie -- my sofa in situ, as promised. Sorry, no way to get a good angle on it...

My walls are Lenox tan.

o

Thanks mcclarke; beautiful room.

o

Why, Parma (in a perfect drawn out Southern' drawl) just what are you trying to say, my dear??!! Little ole' me?? Obsessive? Compulsive??

Let's just say it's a good thing my paint is flat & spackle is my new BFF ;)

What a wonderful sofa, Mclarke!

o

Mclarke - love your fireplace and bookshelves. Any chance you can post more photos of that room? I don't mean to hijack, perhaps on a new thread? Thank you!

o

Oh, thanks, Joanie! I don't want to hijack the thread... but here's a photo of the fireplace at Halloween, which shows the fireplace and the bookshelves...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here