Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerzshoregirl

Need help with bedroom paint colors to go with this quilt.

jerzshoregirl
13 years ago

I'd like suggestions to go with this quilt. Preferrably in taupes, tans or beige colors. Here's a link to a picture of the quilt. (I don't know how to post a picture.)

http://www.shopnbc.com/_Isabella_Three_Piece_Reversible_Quilt_Sham_Set/G13425.aspx?storeid=1&track=-20101&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N&page=LIST&free_text=isabella

Thank You

Comments (11)

• prairiedawnpam
    13 years ago

Have you chosen the blue quilt?

Here is a link that might be useful: Isabella quilt

• jerzshoregirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Prairiedawnpam, Yes I have the blue quilt. I haven't used it yet, wanted to paint first Thanks!

• whitdobe
    13 years ago

Well, it's really difficult to tell true colors via computer but you might check SW Dromedary Camel.

• spring-meadow
    13 years ago

Does a blue appeal to you at all? The light bedding (light yellow with blue accents) with medium to light blue walls? The bedding would stand out. Or maybe a a fresh sunny room with light yellow or cream on the walls and the sorta periwinkle type blue as a room accent. What are your wood and flooring colors?

• les917
    13 years ago

Love the quilt and the colors. I would take a pillow sham to the paint store, find a color card that has the brown in the quilt as the darkest color on the strip, and then work up to a lighter color on the card for the walls. A blue accent wall on which the bed is placed could be very striking. Be sure to take the card home and hang on the wall in the room to see how the colors work - lighting and floor color can influence the wall color you choose.

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

I went through this same process for my kitchen, so the colors I looked at are fresh in my mind. I considered taupe colors than leaned gray, tan and beige (when I write leaned I mean every so slightly relative to each other.) Here is what I sampled:
    BM - Revere Pewter HC-172, leans gray, but picks up warm and even slightly green in different lights
    BM - Manchester Tan HC-81- leans warm beige
    BM - Temporal Spirit 965, slightly darker than Manchester Dan
    BM - Cedar key 982 & smokey taupe 983 - going a little tan

All beautiful colors, recommended by several as just "nice colors" that work in many situations and look good in many lights.

The idea of a blue accent wall is sweet. I would be careful though, pick a gray that has a little blue in it versus a pure blue. Blues can be hard (what color isn't to me :) A quick look at the fan deck - BM gentle gray 1626 or pelican gray 1612 - could be beautiful, but I have no experience with those colors in particular I just wanted to give you an example.

• jerzshoregirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for your suggestions! I'm in the process of painting my dining and living rooms but will begin looking at paint colors. Thanks again!

• User
    13 years ago

We used SW Hinting Blue on our walls and love it. Getting the right blue can be hard. I would choose a light gray that has a blue undertone to it, once you put it on the walls it will look blue.

• oopsie913
    13 years ago

IMHO blue on walls would just be too much. I would go the tan or camel color, maybe even a deep color to bring out the colors of the quilt even more. Try alexandra beige or even the davenport tan. Or with the Sherwin williams paint go the deeper end of the kilm beige swatch or if it is better to go more taupe then the deeper swatch of the versatile gray paint strip. I personally think the darker the better to make everything pop and then you can accessorize with some blue.
    Good luck.

• dazzlemewithcolor
    13 years ago

I think the warmer the walls, the more it will let the quilt take center stage...maybe BM Truffle?

• User
    13 years ago

I don't think it would be too much if you have a grayed blue that's not Robins Egg Blue. It really just depends on the feel you want to incorporate into the room. Grays/Blues will offer a cooler calmer feel, Tans and Browns will provide a warm cozier feel. Our duvet has touches of blue and brown in it like your quilt does and it does not make the room look like it's too much, but I also incorporated dark chocolate brown drapes and darker furniture so the blue is just a back drop.