Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fun Breezy Clean Laundry Room Color Needed

Posted by aloha2009 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 11:33

A total remodel of our laundry room is in progress.

Most of the room will be white (6 doors, washer, dryer, cabinets and counter). I still haven't picked out the paint color but I'd like to have that in place here soon.

I'm leaning toward a soft (but definite) aqua color. An aqua that I've seen in spas that almost translucent like and often seen in glass tiles.

I'm the worst at picking out paint color and I invite all paint swatch suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fun Breezy Clean Laundry Room Color Needed

I have Sea Salt in SW in our hallway and love it! Very beachy, breezy. I would do a swatch on the wall first, because it looks pale turquoise in some lights, blue in others, and grey in others. If you Google image it, you will see what I mean. But I love it!

o

Thanks, I'll definitely get a swatch of it when I go in. Looks pretty online.

Though I'm leaning more to a bluish aqua, I'd love to get greenish aqua suggestions too.

o

Try Farrow & Ball "Borrowed Light" - shimmery and sky-colored, but with a hint of green in the blue. B. Moore "Sweet Dreams" also has that glass tile quality - greener than the F&B.
For a really icy, glassy, pale one, look at Ralph Lauren "Basalt."

o

Oh, I was going to say a light aqua/turquoise...just from reading your title. What about this?

From Kitchen plans

o

If I wasn't convinced before to go aqua, all these suggestions are just spot on for what I was after.

Lavender that color is wonderful. Do you happen to know the specifics on what it's called.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here