|I have two very large arched windows(one in LR(144" wide) and one in DR(160" wide)) that I will be hanging pinch pleat silk panels on. I don't plan on closing them often, but DH wanted some privacy, so we just hung traversing double rods with the idea of having sheers to close for privacy. I don't like the look of Rod pocket sheers. My style is definitely more transitional/contemporary.
Would it look strange to put pinch pleat sheers behind the pinch pleat silk panels? Also, how full should they be? Does anyone have any pictures of interesting sheer panels that aren't rod pocket?
|For years it was standard to put pinch pleat sheers behind pinch pleat drapery. Its not a problem. If you do pinch pleat the fullness is built in with the pleating and the header in between the pleats will be flat when they are closed.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here