Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 11:25
|I have two very large arched windows(one in LR(144" wide) and one in DR(160" wide)) that I will be hanging pinch pleat silk panels on. I don't plan on closing them often, but DH wanted some privacy, so we just hung traversing double rods with the idea of having sheers to close for privacy. I don't like the look of Rod pocket sheers. My style is definitely more transitional/contemporary.
Would it look strange to put pinch pleat sheers behind the pinch pleat silk panels? Also, how full should they be? Does anyone have any pictures of interesting sheer panels that aren't rod pocket?
|For years it was standard to put pinch pleat sheers behind pinch pleat drapery. Its not a problem. If you do pinch pleat the fullness is built in with the pleating and the header in between the pleats will be flat when they are closed.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.