Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color to spray paint these floor registers?

Posted by beths96 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 11:23

Hi everyone! We just moved. We installed dark oak hardwoods throughout the first floor. The floor registers are tan. What color would you spray paint them? Black or brown? Thank you so much !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color to spray paint these floor registers?

Find a spray paint similar to the floor color so I'd say dark brown.

o
another

Another register

o

A vote for satin black ....

o

Thank you! I can't decide! What to do!?

o

I spray painted all mine with the black hammered type paint, and am totally satisfied with the look. Ours are hardwood, also, a slightly lighter stain.

o

I vote black. Classic look.... And will blend in without looking like you tried (and potentially failed) to match the floors.

o

Black is a more authentic color for registers. But it's only spraypaint. Try both--you can easily change what you don't care for.

o

Turqoise like your toes!.. it looks great against the brown floors....lol. The square register has brown on it already and that part looks fine and wold be my first choice, but I think black would look OK too..

o

Haha! I have a turquoise front door, so I'm partial to that color now. Thank you for respoinding. I have black spray paint in the house, so I'll try it first. I'll post pictures and let you all help me decide then. :) Thanks!

o

For those of you that have painted your floor registers, what kind of paint did you use, and does it stay on the registers? My registers factory finish has all worn off, particularly one in the kitchen that gets walked on occasionally, and I need to do something with them.

Thanks

o

Black

o

You might want to get a high heat paint since warm air will be coming through them in the winter...might help lesson any peeling.

I spray painted my fireplace doors with Stove Bright paint purchased at a fireplace store.....they look brand new.

o

flat black stove right paint on those registers. They are really great, so I am glad you are going to keep them!

o

I'm going to use flat black first and see how it goes. Yes, sasafras, I love my old house details! :) Thanks to all who answered!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here