Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tfitz1006_gw

Finally focusing on MBR, looking for new ideas

tfitz1006
9 years ago

I am ready to tackle a long-overdue remodel of my bedroom. For some reason I just haven't been able to figure out what I want. I originally thought-and several of you suggested-that I would switch my blue walls to a soft yellow so I could keep the valances and the chair in the room. Now I think, though, that I may want to get rid of the yellow. I do love chartreuse and was thinking of some accents in that color, perhaps integrating it into bed pillows or bed skirt, etc. I still think I will keep the valances bc I really like the fabric and the simplicity of the design.

Wood blinds are white and they are staying. Carpet needs a re-do but not now. I have even thought about tearing up the carpet bc the floors are a nice warm oak. Furniture is primarily mahogany family pieces, gonna stick with that. There's a large walk-in closet that still has the linen white we threw up when we did some remodeling. Adjoining small bath with blue glass tiles in shower and simple white on walls. I'm stalking craigslist for a headboard, ideally a Charles p. Rogers iron bed like their Paris one. Have also looked at upholstered headboards and mahogany. Love my reading chair, use it every day. I think if I do the painting I might be able to reupholster the chair.

So my questions for you: if I stick with valances and do perhaps white bedding with chartreuse accents, what color for the walls? If I could redo the chair does anyone have a fabric suggestion? I think the vibe I want is light and airy, a little fun, to counterbalance the dark furniture.

Thanks and sorry so long!

Comments (6)