|Hey! Maybe I'm using a wrong search term. Background: I'm remodeling the master bath. The bathroom had a hideous vomit colored roman tub from 1983. Due to budget and area size we are putting in a white sleeker version of a roman with an incorporated white skirt. The shower is separate in another area. These tubs can be a PITA cleaning as far as reaching goes. Husband does not want a deck mount. The area had a standard setup with a wall spout and above that a single lever hot and cold. I want to keep this pretty simple as far a plumbing goes, can one get a pullout wall mounted tub spout? What do you call them? I want to be able to spray the end and sides for easy cleaning. Any ideas? |
P.S I know there are other areas to post this but they are not as active so I'm landing here first.
| Itâ€™s looking like there is no such thing as a wall mount pull-out spout. I guess what Iâ€™m looking for is a Tub faucet with hand shower set OR Tub mixer with hand shower set? |
If you have this set-up could you PLEASE post a picture and tell me what you have and if you like it!
|I have had a bathtub spout with the handheld shower above it. You can also simply replace a regular shower head with the hand held which has the flexible jointed metal water hose (or what ever they are called). The big box stores carry them. Since you don't have a shower over head, you can only get a deck mount, which I also had. It sat next to the roman tub spout and the metal hose sat behind the false front. As an alternative, go to Wal-Mart and buy the blue & white scrubber on the extendable handle for reaching the far sides of the tub. They also sell replacement heads. Sold by the mops? I use this in my roman tub. Works great, easy, cheap.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here