Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for slipcover fabric

Posted by ratherbesewing (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 10:50

I found this fabric on the MaryJo site and ordered a sample. Unfortunately, in real life, it's much darker-it looks like a regular old tan color from the other side of the room. So disappointing-I guess that's why you order a sample instead of purchasing 20 yards. I plan on slipcovering a family room sofa and want something that won't show every smudge and stain. Have you slipcovered/upholstered anything recently with a fabric you love? I need some inspiration and only have a local Joanns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary Jo's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for slipcover fabric

No slipcovers here but I have been playing with upholstery. I got the fabric for this one from Country Curtains; it was $30.50 per yard on sale for $3.99, and it's fabulous. They are sold out of 2 colorways, including mine, but they have it left in a neutral, which may be what you want. I have linked it below. I used the back side of this 'Belvedere' fabric facing out.

Photobucket

I also recommend Barn Fabric Center, as Gary usually sells his 'drapery' weight fabrics for $5.99 a yard and ships very quickly. http://www.barnfabriccenter.com/
His upholstery fabric is $6.99 a yard right now.

I bought the linen to re-do this antique chair from the Barn. Modelling it after this Restoration Hardware one for $1695. http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod80194&categoryId=cat280016

Before -
Photobucket

During/almost after! Please try to ignore that awfully messy background.

Photobucket

I'll make a large down pillow for it from this 100% flax fabric from eBay. This was just a small sample one.
Photobucket

I can't recommend eBay for fabric enough, if you have the time to scroll through hundreds - thousands of options. I have bought so much fabric there, at incredibly good prices, as well as from FabricGuru.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Belvedere Fabric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here