|I found this fabric on the MaryJo site and ordered a sample. Unfortunately, in real life, it's much darker-it looks like a regular old tan color from the other side of the room. So disappointing-I guess that's why you order a sample instead of purchasing 20 yards. I plan on slipcovering a family room sofa and want something that won't show every smudge and stain. Have you slipcovered/upholstered anything recently with a fabric you love? I need some inspiration and only have a local Joanns.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Mary Jo's
|No slipcovers here but I have been playing with upholstery. I got the fabric for this one from Country Curtains; it was $30.50 per yard on sale for $3.99, and it's fabulous. They are sold out of 2 colorways, including mine, but they have it left in a neutral, which may be what you want. I have linked it below. I used the back side of this 'Belvedere' fabric facing out. |
I also recommend Barn Fabric Center, as Gary usually sells his 'drapery' weight fabrics for $5.99 a yard and ships very quickly. http://www.barnfabriccenter.com/
I bought the linen to re-do this antique chair from the Barn. Modelling it after this Restoration Hardware one for $1695. http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod80194&categoryId=cat280016
During/almost after! Please try to ignore that awfully messy background.
I can't recommend eBay for fabric enough, if you have the time to scroll through hundreds - thousands of options. I have bought so much fabric there, at incredibly good prices, as well as from FabricGuru.com.
Here is a link that might be useful: Belvedere Fabric
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here