Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sundance510

"Oh, it's just white!"

sundance510
9 years ago

Some of our baseboards were water damaged from a leak and we also have shoe molding to paint from when they installed the floors. And now that we took down a big light fixture in the kitchen, we need to patch and paint part of the ceiling. So.... I contacted the company that built our house to see if they could pull the paint colors for me. We reallllllyyy don't want to repaint everything (because we're lazy). I got a reply that they *think* our ceilings are flat SW Shell White. I will be getting a sample to test in a discrete area.
Then he says that the trim is, "just some white semi-gloss." Dagger to the heart! Is there any way, short of prying off my baseboard, to match it? I'm going to try to contact the contracted company that painted to see if they keep records.
If we do repaint all the trim, which white would you recommend? Would you go whiter than what's there? The fireplace in the pic below is the same color as the baseboards and trim throughout the house. Wall colors are BM China White, Sail Cloth, Gray Owl (50%) and Behr Mt Rainier Gray. Thanks!

Comments (6)